Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant fails to install

PearlWhiteFatBoy
Beginner

I received a pop up indicating that my ID&SA Tray had been updated and a reboot was required to finish the update. I rebooted my machine several times but continued to receive the pop up. I thought a fresh install of the ID&SA would be the cure. I uninstalled the ID&SA using the ID&SA Uninstaller. When I tried to install the latest version of the ID&SA, the setup failed. The message I received was:

0x00000783 - Service 'Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant' (DSAService) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

I have attached the log associated with the error and a screen shot of the error. Any thoughts on what is causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PearlWhiteFatBoy
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to install the Intel DSA tool without issue. I wasn't installing it as an administrator and I think that was my problem. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PearlWhiteFatBoy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this specific scenario, we recommend to use any of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox or Edge. 

Then you can also try to clear the browser cache and try to install the Intel® DSA tool. 

To install the Intel® Driver Support Assistant version 21.2.13.9, please run the system as administrator:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Once you get the chance, please let us know if you were able to successfully install the tool.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PearlWhiteFatBoy
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to install the Intel DSA tool without issue. I wasn't installing it as an administrator and I think that was my problem. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PearlWhiteFatBoy, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those results.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear that you were able to install the Intel® Driver Support Assistant as an administrator and now the tool is working properly on your system.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos