Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support keep loading & nolonger can detect if all the drivers are updated

Andrew_1
Beginner

Hi, recently Intel driver & support (latest version) nolonger detect if all my drivers are updated (green dot on taskbar icon). I try to run it manually, it opens the web page like normal but it keeps scanning forever & doesn't detect my hardware (like it used to do all the time before).

I notice this happen after I install the most recent Microsoft cumulative update. I'm running Windows 11 on my Intel laptop with dedicated GPU

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Andrew_1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- Do you get an error message while trying to scan for updates with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)? Please provide screenshots showing the current scan results, messages, and/or errors on Intel® DSA:

2- What is the Intel® DSA version running on the system?

3- Do you handle the "KB number" of the "Microsoft cumulative update" that you recently installed?

4- Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

5- Do you have security or anti-virus software installed, if yes, please provide details.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Andrew_1
Beginner

Hi @AndrewG_Intel ,

Here're the my info:

1. I don't receive any error message, Intel DSA just keep loading forever (>30 mins) without any further response. No internet problem on my end:

Intel DSA_loading screen.jpg

2. My DSA version:

Intel DSA version.jpg

3. My Window 11 update history:

Andrew_1_Windows 11 update history.jpg

4. I run AdBlock Plus plugin on Chrome browser (Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)), but disable that plugin on Intel website. Also using the same config. and DSA worked fine before. I did test on Microsoft Edge (no plugin) and DSA kept scanning forever as well

5. Yes, I only use built-in Windows Security

6. Here's my attached system spec from Intel SSU.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Andrew_1

Thank you for your response and for the details.

In this case, we would like to recommend the following steps:

1- If the system hasn't been rebooted in the last hours/days or after installing the latest Windows* Updates, please reboot and see if Intel® DSA scans without offering any new updates.

2- Ensure the Intel® DSA Service shows a status of Running:

• In Windows Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant.
  • Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start.
  • Restart the system.

3- Clear the browser cache, close the browser and launch it again to test.

4- Are you using a VPN service on the computer? If yes, have you tried with VPN disabled?

5- Try uninstalling Intel® DSA and the Intel® Computing Improvement Program from Windows* Add/Remove Programs feature and then reinstall the Intel® DSA latest version Version: 22.2.14.5.

6- If this doesn't result in the Intel® DSA scan working correctly, try the following:

Please let us know the outcome of the steps and if the behavior is solved or persists.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Andrew_1

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Andrew_1

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos