Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant will not start

Rocky121
Novice

! on Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant (under System Devices in Device Manager)

Device Status: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

The error may have been caused by an automatic driver download on 7/4/2020

I have installed Intel Driver & Support Assistant and it shows no issues

How can I resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rocky121, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that this Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant error, is a very generic message and can indicate different problems on several components like: Motherboard, Processor, RAM, Graphics card, USB devices, drivers and even the Operating System (OS). To isolate the problem, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Screenshot of the error message under the Device Manager. 

3. Did you make any changes before the issue started besides the driver installed on 07/04/2020? Can you also tell us what driver was it?  

4. Start isolating the problem by: 

• Making sure all your drivers are to date. Check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for the latest downloads. 
  • Check the OS is up to date. Follow Microsoft's procedure. You can even reinstall the OS (check with Microsoft as well) 
  • Check with Microsoft for the workaround for this error code 19
  • If that does not work, check for hardware problems. If using a laptop, check with the OEM for a diagnose. In case you have a desktop, check also OEM's guidance to remove the extra components and test one by one.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Rocky121
Novice

Thank you Sebastian,

I've attached the SSU Report , screen print of the error message and screen print of the driver details in device manager.

The last thing I installed is Zoom in May, but a new version of  Norton 360 was downloaded in August and Windows automatic updates has made changes.  I really don't know how long the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant driver has had the error,  I started looking for problems, because the computer fan was extremely loud Friday when I turned on the computer.   I turned it off.   The next two times I started the laptop it got extremely loud for a little while, but has seemed normal since then.

I am really not sure how long the driver has had the error,  I started looking for problems, because the computer fan was extremely loud Friday when I turned on the computer.   I turned it off.  It got extremely loud for a little while two more times, but has seemed normal since then.

Windows 10 is up to date and I have installed all of the HP recommended updates.

Can you point me to the Intel Driver download that would include the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant?  I am considering using the "Rollback Drive" button on the Device Manager Properties Screen.  Do know of any problems or considerations I should take into account, if I try to rollback or uninstall/reinstall the driver?

I used to work on computers, but have been retired 15 years and I have only troubleshooted my personal laptops since then.  I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you,

Susan Rockwell

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rocky121, 

Thank you for the information.  

I would like to let you know that the drivers for this component are mainly provided by the OEM or though the OS (Microsoft*). Intel does not offer drivers for the Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. 

You might want to check with HP* for the latest updates for your system, however; if you want to use Windows* rollback option, you can also do that. You can even uninstall it and try to reinstall it again using the "Scan for hardware changes" option. This will not have any problem unless the driver installation fails or gets corrupted for some reason. 

Also, check if you can install the latest 2004 Windows* version in your system: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

Rocky121
Novice

Hello Sebastian ,

Thank you for your response.  I used the rollback option and it worked, no more error.  I suspect it may automatically update again.  I will keep checking to see if the error comes back.  If it does, I will do the uninstall/install option you recommended.  

Thank you for your assistance,

Susan

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Rocky121,   

Thank you for your reply.  

It is good to hear that you finally do not have error codes. Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry.  

If you get to need further support, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos