Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14396 Discussions

Intel Dynamic Tuning manager - WHQL problem

MrPepka
Beginner

I don't know which department my problem applies to, so I'm writing here. Some time ago I downloaded newer drivers for Intel Dynamic Tuning manager and Intel Dynamic Tuning generic participant (version 8.7.10201.13396). Unfortunately, drivers in this version are not WHQL certified, so the device manager displays a yellow exclamation mark (error code 52) for both devices. Reinstalling these drivers does not help, and their older version works fine. Can I ask you to fix this error and release a new, corrected version of these drivers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MrPepka,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

After checking your post, we understand that you are getting the error code 52 in the device manager after the update of both drivers.

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• Please provide the model of your computer.
  • What tool/website did you use to download the drivers?

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
MrPepka
Beginner

Thanks for answer. Computer it's Asus Vivobook E502NA. Tool I use to download drivers is Snappy Driver (that's the only place where I found the drivers mentioned in the first post)

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MrPepka,

Thank you so much for your response and the information provided.  

I would like to inform you that these drivers are installed when you install 

Windows*.

According to the information on our side, it gets updated when you do Windows updates and sometimes the computer manufacturer may provide a link to download it.

As you are using a third-party software to update this driver that way, I consider that you need to check with your computer manufacturer to avoid any complications when loading a non-customized/validated driver in your laptop or get a corrected version of the drivers.

As you may know, this is software that helps OEM to tune a system for maximum performance. Therefore, we consider that you will require direct assistance from the laptop manufacturer.

That being said, you would need direct assistance from ASUS*

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

0 Kudos