Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - Setting to select processor?

JJim01
Beginner

I have a dual processor setup and it defaults to the second processor. I understand it might not be supported but wanted to check if there's a setting I could toggle to make changes to the first processor as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1809? Lower?

What are the processor model numbers?

What motherboard and manufacturer?

Doc

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JJim01, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Were you able to check Al.Hill's post? Please provide me with the information requested. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JJim01
Beginner

Thanks @ Al.Hill for the follow-on questions; didn't notice it back then.

Windows 10, let me get back on the specific version.

Dual Xeon E5-2679v4 on Supermicro's X10DAi.

I mostly wanted to limit both the TDP to 160W (due to motherboard specified TDP limitations).

By changing the settings, I'm able to limit the TDP for the 2nd processor (as observed in Core Temp 1.13) to 160W, but not the first, which continues to run along at 200W.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for the information provided.

According to the information provided on the inicial request you are using the Intel® Extreme TUNING Software in order to limit the TDP of the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2679 v4. Unfortunately this software is comparable only with Intel Core Processors. The  XTU is not supported on Server and Atom based platforms.

Could you please so kind and provide us more information about the purpose of this configuration that you are trying to accomplish?

I will be waiting the information in order to proceed with the next step. If you have any other question do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Jimmy,

I am following up your thread in order to verify if you were able to double check the information provided previously. If you have any other question please do not hesitate and let me know.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello Jimmy,

I am following up your case and verify if you have any question in order to assist you with. If so, please do not hesitate and let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you. 

Best regards,

Emeth O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Jimmy, Due to the fact that I have not seen any activity on this thread. I am going to proceed and close it. If you have any other question please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos