Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - autostart, load dedicated profile on startup and run minimized

BryanFury
New Contributor I

Hey there

Can You please add autostart functionality and load my chose profile with run minimized on Windows 10 startup?

It's really weird that software of this type [XTU] doesn't have it.

Thank You for Your consideration.

With kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
17 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As far as I know, it has that capability. Read the documentation.

...S

0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

Hey there @n_scott_pearson ,

Thank You for Your fast reaction!

Well, that's great that it's in documentation. Problem is, it doesn't work, at all :/, none of the options mentioned above. Does it work for You? At least autostart, or correct autoload of the profile?

I'm using version Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Version: 6.5.2.40 (Latest).

With kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't overclock or undervolt, so I have not run XTU in a lot of years. What I can say is that many thousands of people do this every day, so I think this is an operator error issue. As I said, get reading.

I would add that there are all sorts of overclocking enthusiast websites that can help you with this.

...S

0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

Hey there @n_scott_pearson 

Yeah well, until this point, I tried to be nice and grateful, since You're at least pretending to be nice enough to try to help me, but please do understand this...

XTU doesn't have an option to autostart, autoload profile, or run minimized, in some usable state, maybe in early alpha version autoload of profile would somewhat...somewhat pass. I know that in theoretical "read the documentation world" it has, problem is that in reality it doesn't.

Reason why people don't care whether it works or no is due to fact that they use XTU for temporary OC, not for permanent OC, they apply the settings into BiOS for permanent OC, which they researched from XTU.

My current problem is clients notebook with HK processor, which works great with XTU, but...it won't load my saved profile, it won't allow me to change the default profile, when I force autostart via Windows startup, it won't either load profile, nor run minimized.

And due to fact that You're the only one who reacted - person with no actual XTU experience, and 53+ people saw this thread already, I believe that those "thousands" of people You mentioned don't exist, because this program simply doesn't have this capability, no matter how You look at it.

Here, some screenshots not from the documentation, but from the latest release and real world:

xtu-00.jpg

xtu-01.jpg

Here You can clearly see, that the software was never intended to autostart, autoload profile, or run minimized.

Program works as follows, when You force it to autostart:

• it partially loads the last used profile after succesful overclock
  • it won't load the last used profile, even after successful overclock
  • it completely obliterates Your Core Voltage Offset setting
  • it completely obliterates Your Core Voltage Offset after two or three restarts of the system
  • even when You manually load the previously successfully created profile, it will show it's values, but won'tapply them.
  • even after I change value in some arbitrary slider [e.g. Turbo Boost Short Power Max, Core Voltage Offset, Processor Core Icc Max] it won't load other values after applying the new values 

I recently [2 weeks TOPs] tried the XTU on following systems:

ASUS ROG Beast G703GXR-EV013R Titanium Aluminum, Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula, Extreme & Z490-I Gaming with 10900K CPU's, Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula, Z390-I Gaming with 9900K and 9900KS and multiple other systems recently, and everywhere I had the very same experience with the behaviour of this program.

So if it's possible, try to understand, that what documentation says and what program does is most of the time completely different thing in reality.

Here, a few systems I built, or own/ed and used XTU with, and experienced the very same results over and over and over again for the past 12 - 16 months:
20191225_204317.jpg

20200209_023019.jpg

20200404_021002.jpg

20200404_193028.jpg

20200524_174921.jpg

20200528_234207.jpg

20200530_183305.jpg

20200604_234325.jpg

20200628_005756.jpg

20200628_180656.jpg

IMG_20190727_004308_8.jpg

IMG_20190825_015204_9.jpg

So while I really appreciate Your theoretical help, I would rather welcome an insight from someone with real life experience, if You wouldn't mind.

With kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello BryanFury

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. 

·        I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

·        Steps to save the report:

1-     Run the utility.

2-     Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-     Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-     Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-     To attach a file, you can use the option Drag and drop here or browse files to attach on the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

Hey there sir @IntelSupport [Leonardo]

Thank You kindly for Your reaction, tomorrow I'll be with my computers, so I'll make some screens a video on how things works [or don't work :D],

Thank You, I'll update the thread within 48 - 72 hours

With kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

Hey there @IntelSupport ,

My apologies for not reacting till now, but I enjoyed myself two gyros with sallad meals on our local bus station while being totally "famished" after 3 months of being unable to eat anything standard due to Covid-19 crisis and from Saturday to Sunday I experienced one of the worst feelings I remember, I contracted some really bad viral enteritis [I serioulsy thought I'd die :D, I honestly felt like I'm dying, now I'm laughing at it, but dayum, what an experience], so now I'm recovering.

I'm gonna do the video in two days or so, thank You for Your patience,

With kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello BryanFury

Thank you for all the details, we would be waiting for the video of Intel® XTU used in your system set up.

Take care of yourself.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello BryanFury

Thank you for your feedback on Intel® XTU. I will make sure it reaches the proper department for consideration. Intel actually has a tool to permanently apply the best overclocking setting for each processor (based on actual individual silicon performance) and that would be the Intel® Performance Maximizer. I would recommend using this tool instead of Intel® XTU to better address your overclocking needs.

You can find more details about the Intel® Performance Maximizer on Frequently Asked Questions for the Intel® Performance Maximizer.

If you plan to use the systems with overlooking consider getting the Intel® Performance Tuning Protection Plan since altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

Reference link:

Intel® Performance Maximizer:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/performance-maximizer.html

Frequently Asked Questions for the Intel® Performance Maximizer

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054873/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html#:~:text=Intel%C2%AE%20Performance%20Maximizer%20requires,the%20processor%2C%20must%20be%20enabled.

Intel® Performance Tuning Protection Plan

https://tuningplan.intel.com/

Note: We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem as BryanFury. I found some settings that work in XTU, but are not supported in my BIOS, otherwise I would set them directly.

However, I have to open XTU and set them again every time my system starts. There is no option to load the profile on startup. The mentioned "Intel Performance Maximizer" is not a substitute as practically all settings are missing and I can only auto oc my system.

I tried to assign my oc profile to explorer.exe, will report if this works

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that even this does not work *sigh*

BryanFury
New Contributor I

Sorry to hear about Your issues buddy, I'm long gone from the platform, and if the whatever lake will compete, I'll be back. But I can't be of any help RN, sorry once more

diff-platform.png

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, nice system. Have fun.

Jurgen00000
Novice

I had some issues with XTU not applying the profile on startup too. I've just found that when restarting Windows 10, the profile doesn't apply. But it works when turning the computer off and cold booting.

0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Jurgen00000
Novice

Lol. I've just realized that you were the one that got a Ryzen. Well, for anyone else that has this issue, I found that Windows Fast Startup seems to be the one keeping the XTU applied values.

0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

@Jurgen00000 I'm the one and only :). Well, TBT, as soon as Z590 is out I'm tryin' out the 11900K, if it can manage to push 700+ single core/thread in CPUz as "they" say it can. But for now, I'm stuck with terrible UEFi/BiOS AMD that's for sure.

0 Kudos