Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility error 1935 while installing

DKrui
Beginner

Hi,

Yesterday I contacted support and I got told to install the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and report the results back.

However, I get an error while installing the Utility:

It seems like it wants to install a 32 bit version while my windows is 64 bit, however I cannot find any other installation as there is no bit version mentioned on the installation files.

I hope somebody might be able to help me out.

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dannyfaction

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you have issues when installing our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that this could be causing.

We really appreciate the information provided through the screenshot that you attached; it was extremely helpful in order to improve our services and customer support. Regarding the installation of the program, the file posted in our website is fully compatible with 32bit and 64bit Windows operating systems, so it should work just fine with your machine. Intel XTU is a simple Windows*-based performance-tuning software.

Please try do download it again, but this time, feel free to use the following link for a direct download:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24075/eng/xtu-setup-exe.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24075/eng/xtu-setup-exe.exe

(You may need to copy and paste the link provided into a separate browser tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)

I hope this information comes handy to you.

Please let me know if you have any other question or concern, I am here to serve.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
DKrui
Beginner

Hi again,

After reading your message I downloaded the setup following the link in your comment, however, the same error occurred sadly.

I hope that we can find out what the problem is or that we can find another solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dannyfaction,

Thank you for your reply.

I really appreciate all the information attached to the account, it is extremely helpful.

I do apologize since the issue persists on your end. It actually takes us by surprise since we were able to test it yesterday and it seems that the file posted in the link was working properly.

Clearly, something is going on and I will be more than glad to find out what is happening. I am doing further research about it so I will keep you posted.

On the meantime let me ask; is there any firewall/antivirus in your machine?

If the answer is yes, have you tried to disable it for a second?

I really hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
DKrui
Beginner

Hi again,

I do not have an antivirus. I did however allow the program through my windows firewall which did not seem to change anything.

I am looking forward to your research.

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dannyfaction,

Thank you for your response.

During these past hours we were able to download and test the file posted in the link previously shared in order to download our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) and we were not able to find any error or corrupted data.

Is there any chance for you to download the file from another machine to see if that makes any difference when installing the program?

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

(You may need to copy and paste the link provided into a separate browser tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)

I Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dannyfaction

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DKrui
Beginner

Hi Diego or Leonardo,

Upon installing other software that requires Microsoft Visual C++, I get the same error. Is there anything I can do to resolve the Microsoft Visual C++ related error?

I downloaded the Intel System Support Utility and attached the results to this comment if that helps.

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dannyfaction,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I really appreciate all the information from the report attached to your account.

In this case since we verified that the actual file is up and running (from our website) and based on the fact that installing other software that requires Microsoft C++ is giving you the same installation error, the best option will be contacting directly Microsoft support.

The error displayed seems to be caused somehow by the ability that you OS uses to read apps that are programmed through Microsoft C++.

This leads us to think that contacting Microsoft will be the best option at this point.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos