Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility freezes on splash/loading screen (have to ALT-F4 to close it)

FGibs
Beginner

Hi!

I am running an i7-8086k on an ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING motherboard with Windows 10 64 bit. I am unable to load the Intel Extreme Tuning utility and it freezes on launch. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What version of w10? 1903? 1809? 1803? Other?

Doc

FGibs
Beginner

1809, thanks Doc!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

FGibs, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

When did the issue start?

Did you try to uninstall the Intel® XTU from "Apps and features" and then re-install it again?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello FGibs,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need assistance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
FGibs
Beginner

Hi David & Alberto. I've uninstalled and reinstalled from the uninstall utility, but I haven't from the "Apps and features" menu. I'll try that right now.

0 Kudos
FGibs
Beginner

Tried it, doesn't work.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello FGibs,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the information you have provided so far and I can see that you do not have the latest build of Windows, if possible, please update to the 1903 build and then try re-installing the Intel ® Extreme Tuning Utility to see if this fixes the issue. 

You can try updating the build by using Windows update, if it does not help, you can get the updater tool in the link below: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * 

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
FGibs
Beginner

Hi David! That didn't work BUT I solved the problem.

On my motherboard manufacturer's website (ASUS) I found an older version of Intel XTU that they had as a download specifically for the Z370-E board I have. This one actually works! Hopefully someone comes across this thread and sees this solution.

I appreciate the help! Have a great day!

0 Kudos