Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning with 10850k

Nincomp00p
Beginner

Hi.
Just bought the 10850k, to replace my 10600k, as I was looking forward to use "Intel Thermal Velocity Boost".
I thought Intel Extreme Tuning was needed for this, but I can not reinstall it "already runnig" however I checked the guide and removed all files suggested;

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

Also after a few tries, I noticed that the 10850k wasnt listed on the Intel Extreme Tuning page.
Is it planned to be added, or should it still work and I need to reinstall Windows or something?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nincomp00p, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to confirm if this Intel® Core™ i9-10850K Processor is compatible or not with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) as it is a K CPU. I would like to double-check that to see if the list is maybe not updated. Please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the screenshot of the error message shown by the system when trying to install the Intel® XTU. 

3. Provide the Intel® XTU logs. Use the following path: C:/ProgramData/Intel/Intel Extreme Tunning Utility/Logs. Take the "Logs" folder and send it to us.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nincomp00p,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nincomp00p,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos