Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Extreme tuning I7 7 Gen

MFons4
Beginner

Hi

i have a i7 7th Gen and im trying to use Intel extreme tuning but i can t touch some things .

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
MFons4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. For us to be able to provide the most accurate information we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the processor? What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Which Windows version are you using? Could you please provide a detailed description of what do you mean with " i can't touch some things"? In the following link you will find further details about the Intel® XTU tool: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006022/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
MFons4, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
MFons4, Is there anything else we can help you with? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MFons4
Beginner

Theres infoinTEL.png

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
MFons4, Thank you very much for providing that information. What do you mean with " i can't touch some things" what is it that you are trying to do? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MFons4
Beginner

I was tring to overcloak and touch the core multipliers.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
MFons4, Thank you for providing those details. Just to let you know, altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. We actually recommend to use the processors at stock configurations with the default BIOS settings. In the following link you will find some information about overclocking that might be useful for you: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MFons4
Beginner

Thank you but i can t touch the multipliers

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
MFons4, You are very welcome. In this case, what we can try is to un-install the Intel® XTU application from "Apps and Features" and re-install it again from scratch: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427 The manufacturer of the computer has the option to enable/disable settings in the BIOS and features on the laptop. The option to modify the multiplier is related to the board and the BIOS of it, so, if the problem persists after re-installing the application, the next thing to do will be to get in contact with HP directly to confirm that information and for them to provide further suggestions on this subject. As mentioned previously, we recommend to use the processor under stock configurations. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos