Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Intel Factory Seal is not firm

Tim_K2
Novice

Hello, I bought an Intel processor at Amazon (3rd party shop though) and got it with a weak factory seal. That means I was able to carefully open the box and seal the box back with no visual difference. So anyone can have an access to the product before I bought it. I'm not sure whether it's brand new or not. Is that possible that they sold me a used processor?

1st pic - screenshot from Amazon parcel unboxing (initial seal state)

2nd pic - I seal box back after extracting the chip from the box

3rd pic - processor itself with couple scratches on the upper edge (metal part)

Screenshot from 2022-07-01 23-00-12.png

DSC_2419.JPG

photo_2022-07-02_20-29-19.jpg

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lEdge
New Contributor I

First of all that screenshot doesn't even look the part. It looks like you straight up jacked it from YouTube. You don't even have an i7 12700K.

Second you're probably worried about about terminator at a medium manufacturer grade. Just do your worst. Let's see how you can terribly improve the reliability of that product in your good care.

As far as the seal. Somebody probably did open the box to check the contents, take photos or review. There is a rare case that somebody can replace the cover on the CPU. But, then you should be able to see the difference in performance.

I posted a review on Amazon for a new Intel product myself. I hope nobody got a heart attack. The box was smashed up.

0 Kudos
Tim_K2
Novice

I can't get any single idea from this mindflow, sorry.

"Youtube", "didn't purchase", "terminator" - what it is about and why I'm reading this?

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I
What I'm talking about is the huge metal plate covering a 20 millimeter area. There isn't really that much area that you can generally damage in a shop environment. All the gentle parts are covered up. And then it's just a piece of glass on plastic inside.
* ~The screenshots you made are terrible.
0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

Is it the price tag that makes it seem precious?

0 Kudos
Tim_K2
Novice

Well, why Samsung can pack their 100$ SSDs firmly, but Intel can not do the same with 500$ processors?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Tim_K2,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i7-12700K Processor.

I would like to let you know that once we provided the item to the vendors/sellers we do not control how they handle them or if they get damaged when they are delivered by the vendors/sellers.

In this case, you can check if your processor is an Intel processor by using the warranty tool from Intel and checking the markings of the processor (SN and FPO).

Bear in mind that if you are not happy or not conformable with your product, you can check with the place of purchase (Amazon) and ask for replacement or refund options.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Tim_K2, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please provide me with the information requested. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Tim_K2
Novice

Thank you, Deivid, right now I'm trying to make my build work, and if it fails, I would have to return to this issue.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Tim_K2, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope that your build work with no issues, however, if you encounter any problem or do not feel comfortable do not hesitate to get in contact with the place of purchase to discuss the warranty process.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos