Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 9B43 (BUG)

Info_1
Novice

Intel Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 9B43 Not installing ..

have to force the Intel Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 9B44

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Info_1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Just to make sure, we found an internal support case opened and another forum with a very similar question/issue description to the one in this forum? Do all of them refer to the same issue? Please clarify.

This is the other forum >> https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Desktop-Boards/Intel-Host-Bridge-DRAM-Registers-Z490/m-p/1206560#M54357

Also, please kindly provide the following information?

1. Is your motherboard model GIGABYTE* Z490 Vision D?
  2. Are you trying to install the Chipset Device Software (Chipset INF Utility)?
  3. What is the driver file that is not installing? If possible please share a link as a reference:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Info_1
Novice

Yes all are the same issue.

No ID ''Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 9B43'' for in the Intel Chipset INF

Have to force the ''Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 9B44'' from the CometLakeSystem.inf

0 Kudos
Info_1
Novice

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29634/Chipset-INF-Utility?product=53

Using this driver everything installs except for Host Bridge/DRAM Registers

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Extract the INF package from the ZIP top a temporary folder, open a Command Prompt or PowerShell window, CD to that folder and then run the installer using command line ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall". This "/overall" parameter causes *all* INF files to be updated even if already present. Reboot after running this command.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Info_1
Novice

That won't do anything when the device ID has not even been added to the chipset inf.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Info_1

Since you have an internal support case open regarding the same question, we will proceed to close this thread now in order to avoid duplication of efforts and due to only one thread/case is allowed for each question/issue. Communication with community peers may still continue.

The processor itself does not require any driver. It is actually for the chipset (Intel® Chipset Device Software). Since the chipset is designed by the motherboard manufacturer, any concern about the installation, support, or firmware/drivers for this component it would be best answered by your motherboard manufacturer (OEM). So our best recommendation is checking this further with your OEM.

Also, if you need any additional information, please kindly submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Info_1
Novice

I have the same issue.

My ''Z-170, Z390'' motherboards all install the ''Intel(R) Host Bridge/DRAM Registers''

from the ''Intel Chipset INF 10.1.18383.8213''

Since ''Z490'' none of the motherboards I've tried installs this and leaves it as PCI standard host CPU bridge.

In my experience music applications that use ASIO like audio daw's, playback and sound quality is better with ''Intel(R) Host Bridge/DRAM Registers'' installed for some reason.

Can Intel please support the newest motherboards with the intel chipset inf

Please explain why this is not supported without all the technical questions.

0 Kudos
Info_1
Novice

Please send my message over to some Intel engineers that know how the intel chipset works because I've explained clear but it seems you guys really don't know what you are talking about.

0 Kudos
Info_1
Novice

Please send my message over to some Intel engineers that know how the intel chipset works because I've explained clear but it seems you guys really don't know what you are talking about.

0 Kudos