Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14515 Discussions

Intel I7 10700 non K DDR4 FULL 4x4 Max Frequenzy

Akf1re
Novice
Good morning team,

Unfortunately, I can't find any information on this on the Internet. Now I want to ask you guys.

What is the maximum memory rate for 4x4 DDR4? For 2x DDR4 it is 2933 Mhz.
Thanks
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Akf1re, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, the memory controller is located inside the processor, so the processor is the one that indicates which type of memory RAM to use in the PC.

For the Intel® Core™ i7-10700 processor, as you can confirm in the link below under the "Memory Specifications" tab, the proper memory RAM rate for 4x4 DDR4 is DDR4-2933 MHz:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199316/intel-core-i7-10700-processor-16m-cache-up-to-4-80-ghz.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Akf1re
Novice

No! this is for 2x Ram ! I ask for 4 Banks ?!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Doesn't matter.

Akf1re
Novice
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 CL 16 have been installed and activated the XMP 1 Asus. All settings were accepted without errors and no errors so far. However, I noticed that the VCCIO voltage is raised to 1.32. Is that too much or safe?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Technically speaking, XMP-based overclocking is still overclocking and could affect both your processor's lifetime and its warranty eligibility. Your processors max memory speed is 2933MHz. Overclocking it to 3600 MHz is increasing both bus voltage and clock. Whether the processor can sustain this long-term varies from one individual processor to another. I would say that this is questionable. You may reach a point two or three years down the line where a lowered clock is necessary - or you may reach a point where the processor simply stops working. You proceed at your own risk.

...S

Akf1re
Novice

I currently have 4x8 GB FULL running. in the settings I mentioned. Which settings would you recommend me for the future?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just let the speed default to the non-XMP settings negotiated.

...S

Akf1re
Novice

Thanks for your Help.

0 Kudos