Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Intel I7-7700k sometimes it gets more than 90Cº without doing anything

DAria
Beginner

Hello

Every so often the CPU overheats constantly keeping the fans to the maximum and exceeding 90Cº.

Even restarting, and restoring the bios by default keeps happening.

I have run a test with the intel proccessor diagnostic tool and it gives me errors and I do not know how to solve this.

This failure does not happen every day but a random day this phenomenon occurs.

I leave you the result of the test and some screenshots thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dan5501,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

You can start by checking if your fans are operational. It is recommended to consult your motherboard manufacturer's manual or website to customize fan speed control settings.

Second, make sure your cooling solution is working as it should be. What is the cooling solution you are using?

Now, even though you set your BIOS settings to default, make sure that your motherboard does not support auto-overclocking features. Please scan your system using the Intel® System Support Utility to gather more information about your system. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, check the programs running in the background when you power on your system.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are only three causes for unduly-high processor temperatures:

1. Incorrectly configured cooling solution.
  2. Incorrectly installed cooling solution.
  3. Inadequate cooling solution.

Since you say that your processor fan is running at full speed (100% duty cycle) while these temperatures are occurring, you have, for the most part, eliminated # 1 as a possibility. Of the two remaining possibilities, # 2 is much, much more likely.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dan5501,

I am just following up on your inquiry. Did you take a look at the information posted by N. Scott Pearson?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos