Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel IPDT for Linux platform

KB21
Beginner

Hi,

/message/555918# 555918 Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)

Currently found the IPDT is available for windows platform and source code shared in the web tool is not ready to compile and use ti for the Linux platforms. So want IPDT for the Linux platforms.

Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello basutkar

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are looking to have the Intel® processor diagnostic tool for Linux. By the way, thank you for the feedback I am going to send this information to the proper department for them to consider your suggestion.

Allow me to share with you that the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is not available for the operating system motioned on the thread that you have shared (/thread/127329 https://communities.intel.com/thread/127329).

Hope his help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
KB21
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for responding the query/support. Already visited the shared link and nothing helpful information about the support for IPDT in Linux platform.

Waiting for further hearing from above query/support.

Regards

Basutkar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello basutkar

Thank you for the information.

I will be sending the feedback to the appropriate department for them to take into consideration the suggestion that you have provided.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
KB21
Beginner

Hi,

Any update on this query?

Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello basutkar

Thank you for the reply.

Allow me to share with you that I have no update on the case, the feedback has been sent with the suggestion, bear in mind that this does not imply that the suggestion would be taken in consideration.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

At the same time, let's be realistic. Software does not magically appear overnight; it takes literally months to develop something like this and verifying it, considering the many distributions and versions of these distributions that exist, is many, many months more. Bottom line, something like this, should they decide it is even worth doing (considering attach rates are around 5%), is many, many months away from delivery. Bugging ICS about this weekly is a waste of your time and their time.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos