Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel Innovation Platform Framework

Bob8
Beginner

Can anyone please explain the function of Intel Innovation Platform Framework 1.0.10703.25423 date 25/04/2022.

It is installed on my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 Evo 12th Edition  i7-1260p but not on my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro i5 Evo 11th Edition.

1. What does it do.

2. Do I need it.

As previously reported boot times on the new Evo 12th Edition  i7-1260p are almost twice as long as the i5 Evo 11th Edition. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bob8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

For more information about the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework, you can visit the article "The Unified EFI Specification Defines an Interface Between an Operating System and Platform Firmware" (intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unified-extensible-firmware-interface/efi-specifications-general-technology.html)

If you want to confirm if this feature is required for the correct functioning of your system, please, contact Samsung as they have more control over your system, and they are the ones that enable this feature on your system.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bob8,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos