Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Intel Management Engine interface - code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

GLaci
Beginner

Hi! I am having serious issue regarding this driver. Since this issue started I am also getting BSOD's which lead to driver issues. Reinstalling the drivers dont seem to fix it. I have Asus H87M-Plus motherboard and a Intel i5 cpu.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AGate
Beginner

This issue occurs if the hardware key does not contain a “FailReasonString” value. To help resolve the issue, follow the recommended solution below:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab.
  3. Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Note: You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s website.

If the issue still persists, we recommend checking the manufacturer's website for an available update.

Regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos
GLaci
Beginner

By hardware provider you mean the motherboards manufacturer. Am I right? Using the updater in windows it says I have the latest driver...

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GLaci,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

When receiving an error code 10, the recommended solution is to update the driver. Now, even though your computer contains an Intel® Chipset, Intel® H87, we also recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer to obtain the correct driver version and installation instructions since only your motherboard manufacturer can walk you through this process. In case this is a known issue, they can also let you know if a specific driver or BIOS firmware is needed to address this problem.

H87M-Plus > Driver & utility > Operating system > Utilities > Intel® Management Engine Interface

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
GLaci
Beginner

I don't know how. But the error just fixed itself. On Asus page the drivers there for my motherboard are kinda outdated and latest update has been 2015. For my pc tho the version is from 2017. Could this cause issues?

Edit: It came back out of nowhere

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GLaci,

System manufacturers usually deploy new updates through Windows Update, so your computer should be fine using a newer driver version. However, if you would like to make sure your computer is running the latest updates validated for your specific model, only ASUS* can provide you with accurate information.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
GLaci
Beginner

Yeah! I contacted Asus, right now waiting for a message from them. When they respond I will comment here if the issue was fixed.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GLaci,

Thank you for providing an update on this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
GLaci
Beginner

Okay! Update time! Issue has been fixed by myself because ASUS support is horrible, because they respond each 48 hours and file sharing on the page doesn't work xD. First reinstalled windows and realizing that doesn't work, just disabled the driver and no bsod ever since. I am starting to think my motherboard doesn't even support the driver, but keeps forcibly trying to run it which causes bsod. Anyways thank you for trying to help me.

0 Kudos
Overclock_Electronics

I am having the same issue with a DELL Latitude 3440, i just want to get it working again.

i am hoping to sell this laptop so i want to get it working 110%.

thanks for the help.

it also says something about ANOTHER part needing farther installation for WIFI card...

0 Kudos