Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.80 GHz problems

idata
Employee

hello,

I'm having problems with my processor on my computer.

when im just on internet checking my email and some stuff, my CPU usage is mostly 100%, this is very annoying because my screen freezes, and I have to wait 5-20 seconds before I can do anything..

Im only having 24 processes on, wich isn't quite much..

I have optimized it for optimal use, so most unused programs and services are off to spare CPU usage.

I have installed the good and most recent drivers, If recently checked it on the website with the automatic scanner for driver updates.

I do have a virusscanner(microsoft security essentials) and there are no viruses or malware on my PC wich could affect the system, and I know almost every proces on my computer.

does anyone know how it is possible that im using 100% CPU just on internet, without loading heavy sites, just by opening a browser...

some of my specs:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.80A GHz, 1M Cache, 533 MHz FSB

1 GB RAM

150 GB Hard Disk(35GB used)

Windows XP Service pack 3

Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi,

You can check the system´s temperature for cpu overheating, because the processor may be throttling to protect itself. Other possibility is that your PC still have some viruses/malwares that the MSE didn't catch. Try a different antivirus program. I hope this can help.

Jonny Hayashi.

0 Kudos