Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

Intel Performance Maximizer: 10th gen on Z590

HQuest
Beginner

So it seems I'm on a limbo state in regards of IPM. For 10th gen CPUs, the application has the Z490 chipset validated. For 11th gen CPUs, the application has both the Z490 and Z590 chipsets validated. With an Intel supported combination of a 10th gen CPU and a Z590 chipset, IPM is helpless: claims my system do not meet minimum requirements - which is inaccurate, as it not only meets, it exceeds its minimum requirements by making use of a newer chipset.

While I opted for the 10th gen when I purchased this unlocked CPU yesterday (since it is better than its 11th gen counterpart for what I do), it feels silly to me Intel has overlooked (or opted to ignore) this combination for whatever reasons.

What are the odds of an updated IPM tool contemplating this scenario of 10th gen CPU on Z590 chipset?

As a side note, I'm not new to IPM; been using it successfully on two other rigs, 9900k/Z390 and 10900k /Z490 system.

[Edit] Added SSU output before I'm asked for it.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

HQuest, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario and in order to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, especially since you are using Windows* 11 and it might behave differently, we will do further research on this topic, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know..

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
HQuest
Beginner

Hi Alberto.

Thanks in advance for your research time. To be honest, I would not expect the OS to make any difference whatsoever, since the tool runs on the UEFI environment and therefore it is abstracted from the underlying deployed OS. This is a perfect pre-validation that could very well be done during the install process, before wasting disk space and processing time to claim “oh by the way, this system is not compatible”.

Looking forward the official Intel answer.

Obrigado.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello HQuest, 

Based on the research performed, I would like to inform you of the following:

1. The Intel Performance Maximizer is, for the moment, only validated with Z490 chipsets. We appreciate that you took the time to inform us about this, we appreciate your feedback.

2. As mentioned previously, the machine can behave unexpectedly with Windows 11 since it is not officially released. I recommend you to use Windows 10 due to that we have drivers that fully support this operating system.

3. I advise you to use the tools/apps/software that are under the hardware and software requirements and check how it works. You can consult Asus to know more about the tools/apps that are compatible with your setup.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
HQuest
Beginner

Hi Deivid.

Thanks. A quick note, though:

"Intel® Performance Maximizer uses up to 16GB of storage space to create a partition where it can test the CPU without interference from the operating system and other software. This is done in the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) environment, an interface which boots before the OS, and which takes the place of BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) in most modern computers. The computer will reboot to enter this environment during testing."  - Overclock Your CPU Using Intel® Performance Maximizer - Intel.com (emphasis mine).

While I understand the stance of using a production status OS versus a development/beta OS, the above just re-states my point the Windows version is of no true value for the tool execution, and only hosts the install files that also pre-validate the hardware.

I again appreciate your time taken. Hoping Intel can release an update to the tool for this valid Z590/i7-10700k combination.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello HQuest, 

We do appreciate your feedback and the information provided so far, we are always improving to deliver a better experience with our products and tools.

For the moment, I recommend you to check with the motherboard manufacturer to know more about tools compatible with their system and (if you are interested) instructions to overclock.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
LGN_KING
Beginner
Hay,, i found that turning off "Memory integration" on Windows difender resolves that incompatible problem,,
My spec: i7-10700k + msi Z580
Windows 11

Just turning the "memory integration" OFF under Core isolation on windows difender resolves it
Give it a try
0 Kudos