Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Intel Performance Maximizer can't run, keep saying my system not met the requirement

User1580305513910706

Hi, I just upgrade my processor to i9-10900x and rebuild the windows. When I download and run the IPM, it keep saying my system doesn't met the requirement. I have read the user guide and enable all the features that require to run the tools. Any idea? Thanks.

My desktop spec as below,

Processor: i9-10900x

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit version 1909 OS build 18363.592

Motherboard: ASUS X299-A with latest BIOS version 2002 and default BIOS setting

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel

Hello User15803055139107065300

Thank you for your patience in this matter while we have been investigating this issue.

For Intel® Performance Maximizer to work correctly Intel recommends that motherboard vendors always have the latest version of their bios available. Newly launched Intel® Core™ X-series Processors need a microcode (BIOS) update to the motherboard for voltage-based overclocking functionality. For more information, please refer to the following link: Intel® Core™ X-series Processors Microcode (BIOS) Update

We noticed that ASUS* has released a newer BIOS for the motherboard Prime X299-A, the latest BIOS version is 3006.

Could you please check with ASUS* the fixes and updates included in this BIOS and check if updating to this BIOS version fixes the issue?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Performance maximizer has some very specific requirements for configuration, defined in section 2 here:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28772/eng/Intel%20Performance%20Maximizer_V1.0.3%20Release%20Notes.pdf

Doc

0 Kudos
User1580305513910706

​Yes, I have read and enable all the feature that mention in the Release note section 2

• • Processor Core Overclocking must be enabled (Enabled)
  • • All processor cores must be enabled (Enabled)
  • • Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology), if supported on the processor, must be enabled (Enable)
  • • Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 mode must be enabled (10900x only have 3.0 option to enable, enabled)
  • • Boot mode must be UEFI (Yes, I'm using UEFI mode to boot)
  • • Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology must be enabled (Enabled)
  • • Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT) must be enabled (Enabled in Device Manager) 

Any other clues? Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and attach (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
User1580305513910706

Attached

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, how did you enable the WDT in the device mangler? It is typically hidden under one of the "motherboard resources".

Doc

0 Kudos
User1580305513910706

In device manager, view > show hidden device. Then go to System Device, select the "Motherboard resources" and choose "Update drive" one by one. One of the resources will change to "Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT)". I click on it and the status is "This device is working properly." and I assume it is enabled.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, that is the way I found the WDT as well.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you regarding this behavior, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Please confirm the full/exact version of the Intel® Performance Maximizer software version you are trying to install. For this processor, it should be version 1.0.3:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28772/Intel-Performance-Maximizer

2- Please test loading BIOS defaults, as well as disabling any antivirus software or anti-malware just in case they are preventing correct hardware detection.

3- Run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility to check the operating system is fine with this processor after the upgrade.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28539/Intel-Processor-Identification-Utility-Windows-Version

Please report back the outcome and if the issue persists, please kindly provide screenshots of the error message and of the outcome of Intel® Processor Identification Utility.

Regards,

Andrew G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
User1580305513910706

Hi Andrew,

1. Yes, the version is latest one. 1.0.3.1217. I download it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29292/Intel-Performance-Maximizer-for-Intel-Core-X-series-Processors
  2. Loaded BIOS default as well as disabled the antivirus software. But still the same
  3. The Intel® Processor Identification Utility cannot detect my process correctly, it say itself released before my processor was publicly available...

Attached with the error screen cap and the outcome of Intel® Processor Identification Utility

0 Kudos
User1580305513910706

The IPM error message screen cap

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

Please allow us to check this further and as soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in this thread.

Regards,

Andrew G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for your patience in this matter while we have been investigating this issue.

For Intel® Performance Maximizer to work correctly Intel recommends that motherboard vendors always have the latest version of their bios available. Newly launched Intel® Core™ X-series Processors need a microcode (BIOS) update to the motherboard for voltage-based overclocking functionality. For more information, please refer to the following link: Intel® Core™ X-series Processors Microcode (BIOS) Update

We noticed that ASUS* has released a newer BIOS for the motherboard Prime X299-A, the latest BIOS version is 3006.

Could you please check with ASUS* the fixes and updates included in this BIOS and check if updating to this BIOS version fixes the issue?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
User1580305513910706

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the finding.

After update the firmware, the issue has been fixed. I'm able to run it without any error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that after updating the firmware you are now able to run the Intel® Performance Maximizer without errors.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos