Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Intel Performance Maximizer not seeing my hard drive even though it's installed on it.

GRees
Novice

Program installs fine, but when I run it my boot ssd is not shown and I get the error message asking for 16Gb of free space. Screenshots here https://ibb.co/BCyxzjS https://ibb.co/7ypRzq1

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried letting the program make the partition and making it myself.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GRees, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

In the following link you will find the FAQ about the Intel® Performance Maximizer tool that might be helpful for you:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054873/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

GRees
Novice

What is the model of the motherboard?Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Intel® Processor? i5 9600K

Is this a new computer? I built it myself from new parts.

Was it working fine before? Yes

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? No

When did the issue start? 4/4/20

Which Windows* version are you using? Win 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GRees, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to make sure, here is the link for the Intel® Performance Maximizer tool for 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, which is the one you have:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29435/Intel-Performance-Maximizer-for-9th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

Could you please provide the steps of how are you creating the partition?

Based on the pictures, Windows*, is it install in the SSD and in that same disk you created the partition for the tool or the OS is installed in one disk and the partition was created in the other one?

The Windows* installation, was done using GUI or GPT?

How did you uninstall the tool, from Control Panel?

Do you have any other overclocking tool, 3rd party tool in your system?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Regards,

Albert R.

GRees
Novice

Could you please provide the steps of how are you creating the partition? I shrank the existing partition by 17Gb using Minitool Partition Wizard. I tried letting IPM make the partition itself first.

Based on the pictures, Windows*, is it install in the SSD and in that same disk you created the partition for the tool or the OS is installed in one disk and the partition was created in the other one? I made unallocated space partitions both on the Boot ssd and a secondary hard drive.

The Windows* installation, was done using GUI or GPT? The Windows install is GPT

How did you uninstall the tool, from Control Panel? I used Iobit Uninstaller pro.

Do you have any other overclocking tool, 3rd party tool in your system? No.

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GRees, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

You mentioned that you use Iobit Uninstaller pro to uninstall the Intel® Performance Maximizer tool, just to let you know, the proper way to do that is through "Control Panel", please try that and once you do that the partition should get deleted as well, please make sure that is the case, then re-install the tool again.

Also, the tool should be installed where the OS is located and the partition should be created in that same disk as well.

If after making sure the instructions above are complied the problem persists, then please provide the logs of the application:

-Go to "This PC"

-Then look for "C"

-Select "View" and check where it says "Hidden Items"

-Choose "Program Data" and you should see the logs in there, 3 types:

Service logs

Service helper logs

Tray logs

Regards,

Albert R.

GRees
Novice

Thank you for the reply, I have just done the following -

1) Installed IPM, program installs fine, but will not recognize my boot drive to make the partition even though the program itself is installed on it.

2) Uninstalled IPM using Control panel. Restarted.

3) Reinstalled IPM and restarted. IPM installed and starts but STILL will not show my boot drive as an option to create the partition on.

There are no logs in the Program Data folder other than DisplaySessionContainer and NVDisplayContainer, show hidden items is checked.

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GRees, You are very welcome, thank you for sharing those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread,

Regards,

Albert R.

GRees
Novice

After updating Windows to the newest build (2004) today, IPM now sees my ssd and has run tests. CPU purring along happily at 4.8Ghz.

0 Kudos