CPU: Core i9-9900k

RAM: 32GB DDR4

Motherboard: MSI Z390 Godlike

GPU: 11 GB MSI RTX Geforce 2080 ti 

Driver Version: cannot look atm

System BIOS: newest MSI BIOS 1.8

OS Build/Version: Windows 10 PRO 1903

Affected 3rd Party software version: Intel performance maximizer 

Issue: I have run the IPM and it found a stable configuration at 4.9 GHz, now it is testing the stability (I assume), but it does this for hours, testing for a minute then rebooting the system. Always tells me I passed the tests at 4.92x GHz. I slowly begin to worry

No troubleshooting yet.

Edit: picture

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3NK-YInc1mpiDcVpqClEUUqcOU-22qxYjecII0/?igshid=18qj8jn4muu2h

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MNeib, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, yes, the Intel® Performance Maximizer could take up to 5 hours or more in doing testings and optimizing the system settings.

The reason for that is that the tests bundled with the Intel® Performance Maximizer are designed to provide more robust coverage for a variety of end-user usages and applications. This coverage is tested on a core-by-core basis. It can take a few hours to complete, depending on the number of processor cores and the maximum performance potential of the processor.

Please verify additional details about the application in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054873/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MNeib, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MNeib, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos