Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11681 Discussions

Intel Performance maximizer keeps rebooting sine hours

MNeib
Beginner

System Configuration:

CPU: Core i9-9900k

RAM: 32GB DDR4

Motherboard: MSI Z390 Godlike

GPU: 11 GB MSI RTX Geforce 2080 ti 

Driver Version: cannot look atm

System BIOS: newest MSI BIOS 1.8

OS Build/Version: Windows 10 PRO 1903

Affected 3rd Party software version: Intel performance maximizer 

Issue: I have run the IPM and it found a stable configuration at 4.9 GHz, now it is testing the stability (I assume), but it does this for hours, testing for a minute then rebooting the system. Always tells me I passed the tests at 4.92x GHz. I slowly begin to worry

No troubleshooting yet.

Edit: picture

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3NK-YInc1mpiDcVpqClEUUqcOU-22qxYjecII0/?igshid=18qj8jn4muu2h

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

MNeib, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, yes, the Intel® Performance Maximizer could take up to 5 hours or more in doing testings and optimizing the system settings.

The reason for that is that the tests bundled with the Intel® Performance Maximizer are designed to provide more robust coverage for a variety of end-user usages and applications. This coverage is tested on a core-by-core basis. It can take a few hours to complete, depending on the number of processor cores and the maximum performance potential of the processor.

Please verify additional details about the application in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054873/processors/processor-utilities-an...

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Alberto_R_Intel

MNeib, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Alberto_R_Intel

MNeib, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.