Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14996 Discussions

Intel® Processor Identification Utility for Windows*. Version 7.1.8 reports disputed information

Intereentel
Beginner

The Intel® Processor Identification Utility for Windows Version 7.1.8 reports an Intel processor N100 Engineering sample. But other popular diagnostic programs report a Production Unit processor. Are all three programs wrong ? Please help me figure it out.

Sincerely, Intereentel.

hwi.pnghwi1.pngaida64.pngcpuz.pngintel.jpgintel1.jpgintel3.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Intereentel
Beginner

# SSU Scan Information
Scan Info:
Version:"3.0.0.2"
Date:"03.21.2024"
Time:"00:00:19.5593203"

# Scanned Hardware
Computer:
BaseBoard Manufacturer:"Not Available"
BIOS Mode:"UEFI"
BIOS Version/Date:"Not Available"
CD or DVD:"Not Available"
Embedded Controller Version:"Not Available"
Platform Role:"Desktop"
Processor:"Intel(R) N100 , GenuineIntel"
Secure Boot State:"On"
SMBIOS Version:"3.5"
Sound Card:"USB Audio Device"
System Manufacturer:"Not Available"
System Model:"A_M_I_"
System SKU:"Not Available"
System Type:"x64-based PC"
- "Display"
Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"Not Available"
- "Intel(R) UHD Graphics"
Adapter Compatibility:"Intel Corporation"
Adapter DAC Type:"Internal"
Adapter RAM:"0,13 GB"
Availability:"Running or Full Power"
Bits Per Pixel:"32"
- "Caption":"Intel(R) UHD Graphics"
Link:"http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=UHD+Graphics"
CoInstallers:"oem5.inf,iADLND_w10_DS,Internal,Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family"
Color Table Entries:"4294967296"
Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"
Driver:"igdkmdn64.sys"
Driver Date:"02.21.2024 02:00"
Driver Path:"C:\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_f6ea1f36cd61d64f\igdkmdn64.sys"
Driver Provider:"Intel Corporation"
Driver Version:"31.0.101.5333"
INF:"oem5.inf"
INF Section:"iADLND_w10_DS"
Install Date:"Not Available"
Installed Drivers:"<>,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_f6ea1f36cd61d64f\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_f6ea1f36cd61d64f\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_f6ea1f36cd61d64f\igd12umd64.dll"
Last Error Code:"Not Available"
Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"
Last Reset:"Not Available"
Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"
Microsoft DirectX* Version:"DirectX 12"
Monochrome:"No"
Number of Colors:"4294967296"
Number of Video Pages:"Not Available"
PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_46D1&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_00\3&11583659&0&10"
Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"
Power Management Supported:"Not Available"
Refresh Rate - Current:"60 Hz"
Refresh Rate - Maximum:"75 Hz"
Refresh Rate - Minimum:"23 Hz"
Resolution:"1920 X 1080"
Scan Mode:"Noninterlaced"
Service Name:"igfxn"
Video Architecture:"VGA"
Video Memory:"Unknown"
Video Processor:"Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family"
- "Processor"
- "Intel(R) N100"
Architecture:"x64"
ATPO:"Not Available"
Availability:"Running or Full Power"
Caption:"Intel64 Family 6 Model 190 Stepping 0"
- "Chipset Name":"Intel(R) N100"
Link:"http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=N100"
CPU Speed:"0,8 GHz"
Current Voltage:"1.6 volts"
Driver:"Not Available"
Driver Date:"04.21.2009 12:00"
Driver Path:"C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys"
Driver Provider:"Microsoft"
Driver Version:"10.0.22621.3235"
Ext. Family:"Not Available"
Family:"Other"
FPO:"Not Available"
INF:"cpu.inf"
INF Section:"IntelPPM_Inst.NT"
Install Date:"Not Available"
Last Error Code:"Not Available"
Level 1 Cache:"4 x 128 KB"
Level 2 Cache:"4 x 2048 KB"
Level 3 Cache:"6 MB"
Load:"2%"
Manufacturer:"GenuineIntel"
Model:"190"
Name:"Intel(R) N100"
Number of Cores:"4"
Number of Cores Enabled:"4"
Number of Logical Processors:"4"
Part Number:"To Be Filled By O.E.M."
Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"
Power Management Supported:"No"
Processor ID:"BFEBFBFF000B06E0"
Revision:"Not Available"
Serial Number:"To Be Filled By O.E.M."
Service Name:"intelppm"
Stepping:"0"
Version:"Not Available"

0 Kudos
Intereentel
Beginner

SSU Scan Information

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your report is cut off and needs to be recreated. When you start the SSU utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then on Save. From the save dialog, pick a name for the text file to create and then click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Intereentel
Beginner
0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Hello there @Intereentel I tried to look into your ssu-info1.txt logs it's not uncommon for different diagnostic tools to report varying information about a processor, especially when it comes to engineering samples versus production units. The Intel® Processor Identification Utility is designed to identify characteristics of the processor inside a system, and it might report an engineering sample if the processor's microcode, part number, or other identifying information corresponds to pre-production units.

Engineering samples are typically sent to developers for testing before the official release of the processor. They may have different characteristics than the final production units, which could explain why other diagnostic programs are reporting your processor as a production unit.

To resolve this discrepancy, you can check for any updates to the diagnostic programs and the Intel® Processor Identification Utility to ensure they have the latest information.

Engineering samples are not intended for public sale, and their use is generally subject to specific terms and conditions set by Intel.

I hope this helps clarify the situation!

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos
Intereentel
Beginner

@그래요ITech  wrote: 

They may have different characteristics than the final production units, which could explain why other diagnostic programs are reporting your processor as a production unit. 

Hello there @그래요ITech  Other popular diagnostic programs report exactly stepping   N0.  This option is on the site Intel published as stepping of the final product which is used in serial production of motherboards. You can go to the appropriate  section title "Ordering and Compliance"  and make sure of this on the official website

IntelIntel

Stepping points to this HWiNFO64 and CPU-Z

@그래요ITech wrote:

To resolve this discrepancy, you can check for any updates to the diagnostic programs and the Intel® Processor Identification Utility to ensure they have the latest information.

All diagnostic programs have current versions

Best regards, Intereentel

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Thanks for reply Intereentel.

It's accurate that stepping N0 is reported by diagnostic tools like HWiNFO64 and CPU-Z. Stepping is a term used to describe the version of a processor, with each step representing a minor revision that can include bug fixes, enhancements, or other changes.

However, other diagnostic programs may not differentiate between an engineering sample and a production unit as clearly. These tools might report the processor as a production unit based on general identification parameters that do not include the engineering sample distinction.

Max

0 Kudos
Intereentel
Beginner

@그래요ITech wrote:

However, other diagnostic programs may not differentiate between an engineering sample and a production unit as clearly. These tools might report the processor as a production unit based on general identification parameters that do not include the engineering sample distinction.

Thanks for reply 그래요ITech

Or it is a pre-series processor, which is no different from a serial one. Still, not having specific parameters by which Intel identifies this processor, my colleague and I cannot be 100% sure that this is not a failure / or a failure of the Intel® Processor Identification Utility for Windows* program. Version 7.1.8, as well as in the fact that other known diagnostic programs may or may not err, and my processor is a final product or engineering sample. Everything else is just our assumptions and conjectures. Although I agree with you, most likely you are right and there is something wrong with this processor or with its identification. Although it may turn out that my processor is no worse than a serial processor and everything will be fine. Thank you and everyone who responded for your attention to my question.

Best regards, Intereentel

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
The PIU utility is giving you the correct answer. You should not rely on any non-Intel tool to correctly give you information about Intel products.
...S
0 Kudos