Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Intel Processor upgradation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello There,

I need some general information. Can you please check and provide information related to the below stated question.

Q1) For Intel Core i3-6006U, what is the maximum ram capacity and frequency of RAM.

Q2) For Intel Core i7-8550U, what is the maximum ram capacity and frequency of RAM.

Q3) For Intel Core i9-10900X , what is the maximum ram capacity and frequency of RAM.

Q4)  For Intel Core i9-11900KB , what is the maximum ram capacity and frequency of RAM.

Q5) Currently, my laptop is having  Intel Core i3-6006U   processor, what is the best and the fastest Intel processor upgrade my motherboard can support.

If you need my laptop model, it is HP Notebook - 15-bs544tu

I hope you can help me out with the required information asap.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For questions 1-4, please go to https://ark.intel.com and search by the processor name (a string like "Intel Core i3-6006U" will work just fine).

For question 5, you need to ask your laptop vendor. Only they can tell you what processor upgrades their laptops will support. To be able to use a processor, it must be board and socket compatible and BIOS supported. Since the BIOS is theirs, only they can answer. Usually, this information is plainly listed on their web site.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For questions 1-4, please go to https://ark.intel.com and search by the processor name (a string like "Intel Core i3-6006U" will work just fine).

For question 5, you need to ask your laptop vendor. Only they can tell you what processor upgrades their laptops will support. To be able to use a processor, it must be board and socket compatible and BIOS supported. Since the BIOS is theirs, only they can answer. Usually, this information is plainly listed on their web site.

...S

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for the help

0 Kudos