Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program error at Event Viewer

buglocker
Novice

Hello. 

I installed "Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program".

At Window's Event Viewer i take the error :

"The User Energy Server Service queencreek could not be started because of the following error:
The service did not respond to the startup or control request within a reasonable time.".

1.JPG

Also when i go to "Services" utility the "ESRV_SVC_QUEENCREEK" appears as not running.

2.JPG

How i can solve this (without unistall the program) ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello buglocker, 

I would like to inform you that it’s completely normal for the Event Viewer to show entries that are marked as “Error”, even on a completely healthy, normal system, you will always find errors in Event Viewer. If the tool/program/app or the laptop itself is not presenting any issues, there is no need to worry about what the "Event viewer" shows.

However, if you having an issue the "Event viewer" can help to track the reason.

With the previous statement in mind, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Based on your post, the "Intel Computing Improvement Program" is working fine and I would like to know if you are having an issue with another app/tool/program?

2. Are you having a performance issue with your laptop?

3. Have you contacted HP to get further details?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello buglocker,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Have you updated your drivers?

3. Have you fully updated the operating system, including optional updates?

4. Have you updated the BIOS?

5. Do you receive the same error when trying to open the tool?

Also, bear in mind that the best step to take would be a clean installation of the tool.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
buglocker
Novice

Hi. 

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) No. When i going to Control Panel of Windows and i choose "Accept" for Intel Computing Improvement Program it works OK with no error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello buglocker, 

I would like to inform you that it’s completely normal for the Event Viewer to show entries that are marked as “Error”, even on a completely healthy, normal system, you will always find errors in Event Viewer. If the tool/program/app or the laptop itself is not presenting any issues, there is no need to worry about what the "Event viewer" shows.

However, if you having an issue the "Event viewer" can help to track the reason.

With the previous statement in mind, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Based on your post, the "Intel Computing Improvement Program" is working fine and I would like to know if you are having an issue with another app/tool/program?

2. Are you having a performance issue with your laptop?

3. Have you contacted HP to get further details?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
buglocker
Novice

Hi.

1) I havent other issues.

2) No. As the CPU is 6th generation (i5 6200U) , when i do many thinks at the same time (e.g multistreaming + gameplay) sometimes somewhat of that , run slowly for few seconds.

3) No. My laptop is He's out of warranty. Additionally the only problem is with "Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program" , so i think HP has nothing to do with that.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The answer to all this is quite simple: simply go to the Apps & Features applet and uninstall the Intel Computing Improvement Program package. While I am sure Intel would prefer to continue collecting this information, but it just isn't worth it if the app is going to act up like this.

Just saying,

...S

buglocker
Novice
0 Kudos