Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz : Intel Management Engine error

mdasoh
Beginner

hello.  I am using a Fujitsu Lifebook T901.  It has an Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (Lewisville) (rev 04).  I want to use DOS in conjunction with Debian GNU/Linux, and so I have been setting up DOS networking with the DIS_PKT.DOS shim and Intel's NDIS driver.  Right about when I tried it first, I got an error booting Intel ME (Management Engine).  It says, SmBIOS table mismatch "error 206," aborting.  It then proceeds to boot.  Not having done this before, I tried pressing ctrl-P to get to the M.E. setup screens.  It wants a password that I don't have.  Please be advised that I don't have a working copy of Windows 10 for this PC.  It's on another hard drive and stopped booting from GRUB2-pc sometime over the last years.  At least it would be a headache to reinstall.  Anyhow, please advise about M.E. password recovery, M.E. firmware updates, and let me know if I'm doing this wrong.  It also seems I tried booting Debian with Xen and the Ethernet hardware stopped working in that configuration after a few boots.

yours,

- Mdasoh Kyaeppd.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioS_Intel

Hello mdasoh,

We appreciate your message. 

The error message that you are getting "SmBIOS table mismatch "error 206," aborting" is not related to AMT.

We do recommend contacting your laptop manufacturer and try to install the latest BIOS.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello mdasoh,

Thank you for posting in the Intel* Community Forums.

I would like to check internally your case to see if we can provide you with assistance. The Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M is discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. But I will check regarding the Intel Management Engine on this processor.

I will post back on this thread as soon as I have more details about it.

Best Regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
mdasoh
Beginner

Thank you, Maria, for checking into this case.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello mdasoh,

Have you tried the default password "admin"? If you still have problems, you can check the links on how to recover the AMT password here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006328/technologies.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007572/server-products/server-boards.html

You can also check the AMT guide here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/amt-configuration-utility-user-guide.pdf

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
mdasoh
Beginner

I was able to log into the Management Engine with "admin," and I set something that tells it not to update, which makes it boot faster.  However, it still displays the same error regarding SmBIOS each time it boots.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello mdasoh,

We appreciate your message. 

The error message that you are getting "SmBIOS table mismatch "error 206," aborting" is not related to AMT.

We do recommend contacting your laptop manufacturer and try to install the latest BIOS.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Bharatbhai
Beginner

Dell Inc. Latitude E6420 bluetooth driver updets link

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Start a new thread and explain your problem.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos