Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14394 Discussions

Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700 Processor failed math test

Abiel
Beginner

Windows 10 was in a never ending BSOD (blue screen of death) and reboot cycle. I reinstalled Windows, ran memory test without errors, diagnosed SDDs and HDD, they are in good shape and ran Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, failing "math" test. Before this cycle I was getting BSOD randomly, not so often.

Attached reports of:
-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)
- Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Please help to fix this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are many possibilities here. This could be caused by a bad processor, bad board component (PCH, for example), bad memory, memory bus issues (noise, etc.), incorrect or incorrectly-configured driver, etc. and etc. This can be a tough issue to diagnose. It often falls to trial and error component replacement. What BSOD was occurring?

...S

Abiel
Beginner

Thank you Scott, BSOD was

Stop Code: DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

Best,

AG

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Abiel

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

We found that you have an internal open case describing the same issue and the same hardware/software environment as the one in this thread. Since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this thread now from our end and the support will continue through the internal case. We will leave the thread open in case other users want to participate, but if you need further assistance from Intel, we encourage you to contact us back through the internal case.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos