Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 and games

Lasha
Beginner

I have a problem with the graphics core. I have an i5-7300HQ CPU processor.
To make everything clear, when I start a game, for example, Valorant, I have a transparent screen, but there are sounds. I can only play this game when I disable the HD Graphics 630 and enable it during boot. It seems to me that this somehow affects performance. I have not seen such a problem with anyone, so I came to this solution for disabling the kernel myself. But I want the games to run without any shenanigans. When I just bought a laptop everything was fine, but at some point, this problem appeared.

To be honest,  I think that I tried everything I could. That's why I need ur help.
I have Windows 10 last version. 
GPU: GTX 1050 4 GB
RAM: 12 GB

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Lasha,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information so we can help you look for a solution.

-DXDIAG

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

-Is Valorant the only game you are having these performance issues with?

-Were you ever able to use this laptop to play that game without experiencing this issue? If yes, was there any recent change related to the point when the issue started?

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or driver update?

-Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

-Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

-Where do you get the graphics drivers for your system, do you use some type of software to get them or do you install them manually? If you do it manually where do you download the files from the laptop’s website or our website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

Lasha
Beginner

Hello Victor,

Valorant is not the only game where I have to turn off my HD Graphics 630, also Dota 2, and other games. 
For example CS:GO, Fortnite, Overwatch are feeling great. 
Also, you should know that Valorant is a very simple game for PC, but my fps there is too low on FullHD play. 

When I bought my laptop everything was ok. I didn't know anything about what HD Graphic means. 

I cannot say at what point this problem appeared. When the problem appeared, I only played GTA 5, and when I wanted to play other games, I noticed this problem. Perhaps this is due to my monitor, which I bought at the time. 
On the picture under the letter, you can see that my laptop display and MSI display are connected to HD Graphics 630 and I cannot change it, but when I bought my laptop I could connect my laptop display to GTX 1050. 

I only update drivers in Geforce Experience. I do not touch the processor driver, but if I try to look at the available drivers for the processor in the device manager, it will write to me that the newest ones have already been installed. And Windows updates my PC download automatically. 
I tried to back to a previous driver version for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 from the official site. 

Yes, I said that I started to use a new MSI display, but I am not sure that this is the main problem, cause i can disconnect it and this problem will not disappear. 

For downloading driver updates I use Geforce Experience. 

In conclusion, I want to say something else about this problem.
If I want to turn on Valorant, I should turn off HD Graphics 630, and sometimes after that my displays are not working and I have to reboot my laptop. I tried to reinstall windows but no results. 
In Valorant I have 80-100 fps and it's so low for a kinda simple game. My friend with Gtx 740ti has more fps than me in this game. 
When Valorant is turning on, I have to turn on HD Graphics 630 for play on display with 100Hz 
I am sure that my fps would be better if not this problem.

Victor, I am sorry for my English, but I hope you understood everything. IF you have any questions, ask.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Lasha,

We appreciate the information provided and we would like to share with you the following information and recommendations.

Please take into account the following:

-If your laptop has both integrated and external graphics included, that means that it has Hybrid graphics which should allow the system to choose what’s best when the task being processed demands more graphic power than what our graphics can offer.

-We have been having some issues with our latest drivers in regards to the performance of the game Valorant; however, if you are having issues not only with that game the problem might not be entirely related to that matter; nonetheless the information can be found here.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057695/graphics/graphics-for-8th-generation-intel-processors.html

Recommendations:

Based on the report you provided we would like you to try the following to see if your experience improves:

-Try the problematic games with our recommended settings by using gameplay.intel.com.

Valorant

https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/CPUAndGameSelected/Index/97456/724916

Dota 2

https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/CPUAndGameSelected/Index/97456/12875

-We noticed that your BIOS is outdated (1.06), and we would like to recommend getting it updated to the latest version available (1.08)

Note:

• For any instructions on how to do this please get in touch with Acer’s support.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7094?b=1

- Test your system by performing a clean installation of the latest original graphics driver from your laptop manufacturer.

Driver (Acer)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7094?b=1

Notes:

• To find the driver please follow this path: Driver > VGA Driver: Version 21.20.16.4526 > Download.
  • This driver was the latest one ever customized for your system; therefore, some limitations might come with it but some fixes as well.
  • If the driver didn’t work, please proceed to test ours with the information down below.

- Test your system by performing a clean installation of our generic graphics drivers

Driver (Intel)

Version 8476

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29784

Version: 9168

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Version: 9313

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30248/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Notes:

• Driver version 8476 works well with the game Valorant; therefore, in case you want to test it with it and with the other games you are more than welcome.
  • Driver versions 8587 or higher still have current issues with the game Valorant; however, you can test it with other games and see how it behaves in your system.
  • The driver version 9313 is a beta version that we are currently providing for users to test, feel free to test it on your computer, and in case it improves the situation please let us know.

Instructions:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Notes:

• These instructions work with both our drivers and Acer’s driver.
  • After you download the drivers disconnect from the Internet, so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update while the instructions are been followed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Lasha
Beginner

Victor, hello again,

I tried to download Driver intel version 8476 and IT IS WORKING. I am not sure about other games, but I can turn on valorant without any extra things. Thank u so much. 

I'll try to update other drivers which u send to me! U are my hero!

Thank you again, Victor!

Lasha

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Lasha,

We’re glad that the workaround with the 8476 driver worked for you; however, please remember that the game Valorant won’t work well with the driver versions 8587 or higher since we still have reported issues with those; therefore, if you are currently playing Valorant among other games we believe the best thing you can do is stay with driver 8476 and test other games with it and go from there.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Arnedo
Beginner

Hello,

Somehow this continue happening to me. These days, I am playing Valorant on my free time. The performance of the game is not as good as I would like it to be. It runs at 70 fps, with drops to 10 fps when there is a lot of action in game. 

My PC is a laptop MSI with a Intel i7-8750U with Intel graphics 630, an Nvidia GTX 1060 and 16 Gb of RAM. The game should run much better than it does. My monitor has 120 hzs, so I would like to play on a rate of 110/120 constant fps. And I believe I can demand it.

Well, whenever I run Valorant, my PC works much more with Intel Graphics rather than the Nvidia. And it is a problem since it did not get the performance it should. 

I have deleted and reinstalled the latests drivers for Nvidia GTX and Intel Graphics, but anything has changed. I have changed all the available settings in order to use the Nvidia instead of the Intel Graphics (Nvidia control panel, Windows 10 graphic setting, etc.). But once more, anything has changed. 

I just came across this forum and found that the versión of drivers 8476 worked for Lasha, so I tried to do the same. And somehow, it works better than the lastest Intel driver. Now I can play at 90/100 fps almost permanent. 

I think this should change, and I should be able to play at 110/120 fps with the specs of my PC.

I listen advices that could help with the perfomance of Valorant.

Arnedo.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Lasha,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Lasha,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos