Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology

AHEAS
Beginner
My computer Device Diagnostics program (troubleshooting) tells me my Windows Defender program will not open because of a problem with the Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Driver. cannot seem to find a fix for it without downloading and paying for "Drivertoolkit" program. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide information about your system, like the processor model number, your operatiing system, etc. Then, an Intel support representative may be able to help you.

Or, contact Microsoft regarding WIndows Defender.

I do not know what diagnostics you are running, but you should NEVER PAY for any 3rd party tool.

Also, are you attempting to use any anti-virus other than Windows Defender? If so, uninstall and remove ALL other anti-virus programs. You must never have more than one real-time anti-virus tool installed and running.

Also, tell us when this problem started, what you did at that time to your system. What other system monitoring tools do you have running?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I just found information that may be relevant. Your issue, and this is not certain, could be caused by an update from Microsoft.

Still, provide as much information as you can so we can try to figure this out.

Doc

0 Kudos
AHEAS
Beginner

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC serial CNF 94022C22 model dv6-2060 ea

The problem started about 3 days ago

0 Kudos
AHEAS
Beginner

I have just recalled. The problem occurred following installation of Windows 10

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ALLANHEA

I am looking into your case and the information you have shared with us, thank you for that information, by the way, looking into the computer model that you have according to hp site seems that that model was validated Windows® 7, you can verify that in the following link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-2000-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/4011364/model/4036209 https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-2000-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/4011364/model/4036209

Have you tried to verify with the manufacturer for support on Windows® 10?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ALLANHEA

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AHEAS
Beginner

After trying various suggested remedies just reset my computer. problem solved. The remedy was probably fairly drastic but was needed for a variety of other reasons. Many thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ALLANHEA

Thank you for letting us know the issue was resolved

You can contact us back at anytime

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos