Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool - exe not usable, bacause no single file

idata
Employee

We want to deploy the Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool.

But the console exe file is not simple to use!

At INTEL-SA-00075 this was a single exe file, and very simple tu deploy.

But at INTEL-SA-00086 this are many files! Additonal DLLs and folders.

Please bind/pack all required files to a single exe file!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

A_Podskalsky: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Processors communities.

I just wanted to let you know that Intel® really respects and appreciates the feedback and suggestions provided by the all of the peers in our communities. I will send your comments to the proper department for them to be aware of your recommendation.

Additionally, you will be able to download the tool and find further details about it on the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
RFree
Beginner

I was able to run the GUI version on a couple of my test computers just fine. I attempted to run the Console version and received the following error on all of them.

The signature of the file CommandLine.dll cannot be validated.

Please refer to the INTEL - SA - 00086 Detection Tool user guide for more information.

There is nothing in the User Guide to assist with this error.

I had the folder located on my desktop and used the following command from an elevated command prompt

%userprofile%\desktop\Intel-SA-00086-console.exe

I tried this with and without the switches shown in the User Guide and received the same error.

0 Kudos
RFree
Beginner

Found answer:

The directory of the command line or script must be the same as the directory of the executable.

in this case the cmd directory should be %userprofile%\desktop

in the script I used the following.

Set _Var=%~dp0

c:

cd %_Var%

%_Var%\Intel-SA-00086-console.exe -n -c -f %computername%.xml -p %userprofile%\desktop\

%userprofile%\desktop\ can be changed to a file share.

0 Kudos
MWill24
Beginner

Hi,

Isn't correct that Intel SA-00086 Detection Tool gui/console only running on a Windows OS English language.

I found out that the tool is not running on a Windows OS Dutch language, change to English no problem

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional English

Intel SA-00075 Detection Tool gui/console is working on Windows OS Dutch language but it create not correct registry entry's

So SA-00086 Detection Tool is not MUI, correct?

Sorry for my poor English writing

Maarten

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HUNEMA: If you need assistance on this matter, please submit your inquiry on a new thread for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos
TWats2
Beginner

There was a fix from an Intel member of staff over at :-

Installing both of those certificates seemed to help for me.

0 Kudos