Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Intel Starter Pack: PUBG CODE SCAM

JLui4
Beginner

Hi Forum,

I am sure a lot of us who recently purchased a laptop with a qualifying Intel Processor received the Intel Starter Pack as part of the incentive. But for me, the reason I bought the laptop was because I can get PUBG as part of the package. I bought this laptop on August 20, 2018 and as of September 25, 2018, I cannot get a code. After numerous attempts to contact support and waiting weeks for a dumb reply such as "Click Download to get to Download Section", they finally went ahead and told me that it is for the Jacket only NOT THE GAME ITSELF, which is not true when I look back at pictures of my previous tech support ticket. It prompts me to go to Steam and activate the game using the code provided which is out of stock.

When I bought my laptop, the intel starter pack has the this description:

• PlayerUnknown's Battleground

Now it is:

• PlayerUnknown's Battleground - In-Game Content

I am left baffled to how this could even happen, I have picture evident of all of this but despite everything i tell them, they WILL NOT HONOR IT.

Now I am over the laptop return period, I am stuck with a 1500 Asus Laptop that has a buggy touch screen, (Driver issue that Asus cannot even fix)

What can I do? I was scammed into buying the laptop and made to wait OVER 30 days since the purchase day so I will miss my return day, now they finally reveal the scam. What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello EDDEDEDED,

Thank you for joining this Community.

Your question is on our Intel® Partner Programs so we will transfer this to our Programs Support Team and they will contact you back via email as soon as possible. To learn more about our Intel(R) Partner Programs, please visit the following URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/programs-overview.html

Unfortunately, we are unable to address this issue. If you have any further questions about this issue, our Intel(R) Partner Programs will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos