Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Intel Starter Pack Temporarily out of inventory. Check back soon!

ADowe
Beginner
Warhammer: Vermintide II is currently out of inventory. Will the page for it be updated with a key at a certain time?Thanks.
34 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Elad_Luter,

Thank you for joining this Community.

Your question is on our Intel® Partner Programs so we will transfer this to our Programs Support Team and they will contact you back via email as soon as possible. To learn more about our Intel(R) Partner Programs, please visit the following URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/programs-overview.html

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JVuko
Novice

I purchased this CPU:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-8700K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B07598VZR8 Amazon.com: Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W: Computers …

Was also supposed to get access to a free copy, but see the same message when attempting to access the Steam key. "Temporarily out of inventory. Check back soon!"

Could someone email me a key, please? I can provide my master key. Thanks!

idata
Employee

Hello verraneventide,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

For inquiries about Intel® Software Starter Pack, please submit this form to us, and kindly wait for a response:

https://starterpack.intel.com/# /support

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
JVuko
Novice

Thank you! I have submitted a case.

0 Kudos
AMoon2
Beginner

Did you ever receive your copy? I am currently in the same position as you are...

JVuko
Novice

It was escalated. Still waiting...

ZT
Beginner

I too would like to know why this game is unavailable. I purchased a product featuring an Intel i7 processor from a seller specifically because of this promotional offer. Now I have the product and I am unable to download the game. This is sort of outrageous, is it not? It smacks of false advertising. Why doesn't Intel provide their product users with some kind of concrete information on this subject instead of just stating "the product is unavailable" over and over?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello WhereisVermintideII,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

We are working on assisting you with this issue as soon as possible. Please submit this form to us, and kindly wait for a response: https://starterpack.intel.com/%23/support https://starterpack.intel.com/# /support

It is worth mentioning that your feedback is highly appreciated.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
ZT
Beginner

Wanner,

I appreciate your assistance, but it must be mentioned that I already submitted a case via the support form and received a non-answer in response. It was the same answer that appeared on the starter pack page: "this product is currently unavailable," which only restates the original statement that appears on the starter pack page and does nothing to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
SClas
Beginner

I got the mail :

Thank you for contacting Intel customer support

David, this is in regards to your query regarding Warhammer vermentide II. This is to inform you that we have received an update from the level 2 team stating that unfortunately codes for Warhammer vermentide II are out of stock. We do apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Seriously? Does it make sense that the code is already out of stock even though the validity date is August 29?

I can't understand why we can't get vermintide II code.

ZT
Beginner

Exactly! This thread is marked as "assumed answered" when clearly no resolution has been found for this issue. Intel customer support has been extremely unhelpful with this issue. You have customers buying Intel products specifically because of this promotion who are unable to take advantage of it and Intel is not providing any explanation or doing anything to make the situation right. This is a classic case of false advertising and a bait and switch. Intel should do the right thing and fulfill the promotion!

0 Kudos
ZT
Beginner

"We are really sorry to inform you that the following game, Warhammer: Vermintide II is out of stock and not available in your gaming bundle.

I would like to inform you that this case would be closed. For any other queries please feel free to contact us."

Intel customer support continues to provide the same non-answer while acting as though the case is closed and the problems are resolved. Generally, when a customer has an issue the way to resolve it is not to tell them the same thing over and over again but to communicate with them in a clear, open way, with a detailed explanation. This issue could be easily resolved by Intel through providing codes to the customers who feel shorted by the non-fulfillment of this promotional offer. It is very unfortunate that Intel has failed to do so far; I will continue to pursue a resolution on this forum and through all other available channels, as it is simply unacceptable for Intel to fail to fulfill such a widely advertised promotional offer that they used as bait for the purchase of Intel hardware.

0 Kudos
JVuko
Novice

I am waiting for a reply from Second Level support. If this is what they're telling people: this is awful.

At least send people a Steam gift card, either digitally or via mail to make up for the marketing/budget mistake you guys made. Honor your promotions.

JVuko
Novice

Yep, just got it:

Greetings from Intel customer support.

We realize the importance of the issue and we are sorry for the delay in response.

As per the update we have received from the concerned team, we regret to inform you that the Warhammer: Vermintide II promotion is out of stock and download codes are no longer available.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are glad to help you.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
ZT
Beginner

Wow. So let me get this straight, Intel.

1. You offer a promotion in relation to the purchase of an Intel product.

2. Customers buy the Intel product because of the promotion.

3. You refuse to fulfill the promotion.

4. You provide your customers-many of whom, such as myself, have used Intel products for years-with boilerplate explanations for your failure to fulfill a simple promotion.

Is this Intel's idea of customer service? Is this how they want to represent their company to the public? I will not accept this answer. I will continue to highlight this issue to various parties, using all tools at my disposal. I urge all other customers who have been similarly disrespected to not merely accept this absurd and insulting response from Intel and to continue to press for a proper resolution of this matter (i.e., fulfilling the promotion). This is an example of horrible customer service on Intel's part and a bad show all around, but it does not end here.

To all other users who have been subjected to this ridiculous bait and switch:

Contact your reseller, the game publisher (Fatshark), and spread news of this swindling on all public forums. Continue to reach out to Intel through all available channels to make them aware that we will not accept this. For my part, I will continue to press this issue for days, weeks, months, and years. This is a blatant abuse of the Intel customer base and all resellers should be aware that they are hurting their reputation by proxy when they offer promotions from Intel, since, apparently, Intel will simply decide not to fulfill them and will treat inquiring customers with disdain.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have made your point (as misguided as it is) multiple times already. It serves no purpose to continue to rant.

It is time to stop.

Doc

0 Kudos
ZT
Beginner

Al, I'm curious as to why you think my point is misguided. I'm obviously not the only person dealing with this problem, and it hasn't been resolved. You don't think there is any reason for Intel customers to be upset about Intel's failure to fulfill this promotion?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I do not need to discuss this with you. As I said, you have made your point. In the two days since you have joined the community, all you have done is mouth off, and declare yourself the mouthpiece for this issue.

This community is for questions and answers regarding Intel products. Take your arguments elsewhere, as they are not appropriate for this forum.

Doc

0 Kudos
ZT
Beginner

I don't think highlighting an Intel-related problem, on an Intel support forum, without insulting or demeaning any other users, qualifies as "mouthing off." I understand that you might not have any interest in this problem and I don't blame you, but the customers who are actually dealing with the problem have a continued interest in it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I will say it again: Take your arguments elsewhere, as they are not appropriate for this forum.

Doc

0 Kudos