Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Intel System Support Utility (SSU) scan submit ... site can't be reached

UnCoreM
New Contributor I

I was requested by support to use the Intel System Support Utility (SSU) and attach a text file.  The "Submit" feature goes to:

https://servicerequestmgmt.intel.com/webticketui/

and this domain does not seem to exist.

I had downloaded SSU v2.0.5.15 (latest) from:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

It makes sense to submit the log to Intel support directly than post it for everyone to see.  Can someone fix the tool?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are no plans for the tool to be fixed. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Now, you can either post the file here, in which case other folks can help with the analysis, or you can attach the file to a private message to the agent who told you to run the tool. If you are unsure who that agent is, you can send it to @Ronny_G_Intel. If you haven't sent a Private message before, click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the screen and select Messages. There is icon to compose and send a new messagethere.

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are no plans for the tool to be fixed. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Now, you can either post the file here, in which case other folks can help with the analysis, or you can attach the file to a private message to the agent who told you to run the tool. If you are unsure who that agent is, you can send it to @Ronny_G_Intel. If you haven't sent a Private message before, click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the screen and select Messages. There is icon to compose and send a new messagethere.

...S

UnCoreM
New Contributor I

Thanks Scott.  The private message is a good solution.

(I guess I just don't want my system info including serial #s mined by bots.)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, I have complained about this (multiple times) but they keep saying that there is nothing in the report that cannot be shared publicly. Before I retired, this as part of my job (for the NUC org within Intel); I would have *never* approved it for release. They are wrong and not listening, unfortunately. 

...S

0 Kudos
UnCoreM
New Contributor I

NUC are an awesome innovation.  I've bought several over the years using them as my tiny but still powerful Linux server.

Finally now bought the NUC 12 Extreme to replace my well aged Windows desktop.  So now I'm NUC only!

0 Kudos