Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Intel TDX requirements/emulation

chriso55
Beginner

Hi,

I am a PhD student who is looking to start research into the new Intel Trust Domain Extensions (TDX) technology. So far I have discovered that the TDX modules on GitHub can only be run on a TDX-enabled processor (they were tested on Sapphire Rapids server processor). I do not have a processor with TDX capability, however is there any chance a TDX emulation package is available? If not, is a machine with a Sapphire Rapids processor enough to run these TDX modules? Alternatively, does the recent Alder Lake 12th gen processor support running these modules?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chriso55,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on the research, I would like to let you know that we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product, which is called the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums:  

Also, you can find some information in the following article:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chriso55,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some questions about the Intel Trust Domain Extensions (TDX).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:

1. What is the exact name and model of your processor?

2. Are you working on a project? If so, can you provide more details?

3. Are you developing software or hardware?

4. Can you provide more details about why you need this information?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
chriso55
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

My current processor is a 10th gen Intel Core i7-10875H. The project I am looking to start is protecting user credentials across web services and applications using TDX. Therefore, my development target is in software. The latter part of the project also involves a comparative study of features and vulnerabilities between the designed TDX credential protection system and an already designed system using Intel SGX. I would like to know the hardware and software requirements for getting started with Intel TDX, so I know if it is possible in the present time to conduct research and development in this area.

Regards and thanks,

chriso55

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chriso55, 

Thanks for the information provided. I will check internally this request to check if we have any information or if there is a better line of support for you where you can get proper advice on this matter.

As soon as I have any information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello chriso55,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on the research, I would like to let you know that we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product, which is called the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums:  

Also, you can find some information in the following article:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
mattipaksula
Beginner

Basically no Sapphire Rapids supports TDX - Emerald Rapids will, see https://github.com/intel/tdx-tools/issues/399

0 Kudos