Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.

RAign
Beginner

Hi,

This has been asked before /message/511663# 511663 here, however I was asked to start a new thread on this. I'm having the the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 control panel window showing up after booting Windows -- not always but most of the times. The solution suggested in the thread I linked above does not work for me. It seems there is a new feature in Windows 10, re-opening all windows at boot that have been open at shutdown time. However, in my case the window does also show after it was definitely not opened at shutdown time. I tried uninstalling Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 from Apps & Features altogether, but it seems to be automaticall re-installed at some point. I am working on an installation, starting right into a fullscreen application after startup and I cannot use any additional windows showing up, so I have to find a way to get rid of this. I'm running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) 1709, Build 16299.15 with an Intel Xeon E5-1630 v4. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 is of version 1.0.0.1035.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Roland

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello iko79,

Thank you for your contacting us.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with our Intel® Turbo Boost Max 3.0 tool.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I really hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RAign
Beginner

Hi Diego S,

thanks for your reply. Please find the ssu file attached.

Best,

Roland

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello iko79,

Thank you for your patience.

I really appreciate the information provided trough the report; it has been extremely helpful in order to perform research regarding the issue that you are currently facing.

Based on the brief description of your issue, I can see that you are using the latest Intel® Turbo Boost Max 3.0 (1.0.0.1035), please note that this is a generic version for all the compatible Intel ® processors on the market.

While researching the system report, I noticed that your OEM, (DELL*) has optimized our Intel® Turbo Boost Max to be compatible with your board, this optimized version is designed for your system, meaning that the best way to troubleshoot this issue will be by installing their driver, found here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/precision-t5810-workstation/drivers http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/precision-t5810-workstation/drivers

It shows up as an executable file named Intel ® Turbo Boost Max Technology Driver.

Please go ahead and perform the installation and let us know the results while we keep investigating your case.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello iko79,

I was checking your case, and I just wanted to know if there is anything else that we can do for you at this time.

Please do not hesitate on replying back if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
MDäde
Beginner

>Please go ahead and perform the installation and let us know the results while we keep investigating your case

Are you serious? Over there the answers from the Intel Support sound way less optimistic than in this thread here. Basically Intel will develop a new version soon(tm).

This workarround should help (credits to the user: NotSoFunnyClown):

1. Close the tool by right clicking it in the tray and "Quit".

2. Press [Win]+[R] and run "services.msc".

3. Search for the service "ITBMService" or the descriptive name "Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology Application Service" and disable that service.

4. Press [Win]+[R] and run "taskschd.msc".

5. Search for the task "Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology Application Launcher" and disable or delete that task.

6. Reboot your system

0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner

Keying the app with ALT-F4 makes it go away.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello iko79

I would like to let you know that we have released a new version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology (TBMT) 3.0 that should fix this issue.

Please download it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 here and let me know your feedback.

We apologize for the delay getting this fix out, and at the same time thank you for your outstanding patience.

Best Regards

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello iko79,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner

The solution is simple. a Windows standard is to enter ALT-F4 to exit a program. Doing so makes it go away.

0 Kudos