Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Intel Turbo Boost driver missing or can't detected by dxdiag

AAkba2
Beginner

please help.. my handset is i5 8300H, how to install/activate turbo boost again? before my hdd got bad sector and serviced, turbo boost still available and can detected by dxdiag , but now.. system just show base clock not with maximum clock speed.. please help........

thank in advice

4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello AAkba2, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default. You can disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS. No other user controllable settings to change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation are available. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
AAkba2
Beginner

so, turbo boost doesn't need driver? thanks for reply

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello AAkba2, There is no need to install any software or application to support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. However, Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software/User interface can be installed to allow users to prioritize programs by directing workloads to the fastest core first. If you are referring to Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software/User interface, please find below more information about this technology. 1. Requirements: Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 requires: A supported processor A supported operating system A driver and has an associated User Interface application An X99 or X299-based board with an enabled BIOS / firmware that supports this feature We recommend verifying with your motherboard vendor that support for this technology is enabled on your motherboard / BIOS. 2. Which Intel® Core™ Processors support Intel® Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology? Intel® Core™ i7-6950X, i7-6900K, i7-6850K, and i7-6800K Processors Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE, i9-7960X, i9-7940X, i9-7920X, i9-7900X, and i7-7820X Processors Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE, i9-9960X, i9-9940X, i9-9920X, i9-9900X, i9-9820X and i7-9800X Processors Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 1600 v4 Family Note: No other desktop processors support this Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0. If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Doonoo
Beginner

Hello. I have a system with Intel i9-9920X on ASUS TUF X299 Mark2 motherboard. After i updated my BIOS to Version 3105 2020/08/07 "latest", Intel Turbo Boost 3.0 is dissapeared and i can't find any option to re enable it. Please help!

Best regards.

0 Kudos