Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel XMP and i5 12400 and warranty.

Mayrice
Beginner

Hello,

I see on the information page for the i5 12400 that it supports DDR4 RAM speeds of up to 3200Mhz.

The ram I have is  the Kingston KF432C16BB and has an XMP profile not exceeding 3200 Mhz.

If I turn on XMP for the above for 3200Mhz, since this is within the processor's spec, does the warranty stay intact?

Thank you,

Mayrice

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are no warranty issues in this case. Understand that the use of XMP profiles does not, per se, affect your warranty. It is the use of XMP profile(s) that overclock the memory buses to levels above your processor's stated maximum that could affect your warranty. Doing so could cause unexpected and potentially damaging overheating of processor circuitry.

Hope this covers it,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are no warranty issues in this case. Understand that the use of XMP profiles does not, per se, affect your warranty. It is the use of XMP profile(s) that overclock the memory buses to levels above your processor's stated maximum that could affect your warranty. Doing so could cause unexpected and potentially damaging overheating of processor circuitry.

Hope this covers it,

...S

Steven_Intel

Hello Mayrice,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We're glad to know the information provided by Scott helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos