Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Intel XTU Signature Validation Failed - i9 9900k, HP Omen Obelisk

rjohn63
Beginner

Like other folks here I'm having the signature validation failed when trying to run Intel XTU. i've tried uninstalling and deleting the entire XTU directory in Program Files. I've tried both the 6.5.1.371 and 6.5.1.360 versions available on the website.

It used to work on this computer but I don't think I was up to Windows 10 1909 at the time, which I am now.

How can I get XTU running?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

·        I would like to have more details about your system (hardware and software), please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and attach the system report to look into the issue that you are having.

·        Is the Windows® update the only change that has been done on the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
rjohn63
Beginner

I sent you the report in a private message.

I think the other change is the installation of an NVME SSD which is where Windows is now installed (previously it was a mechanical drive with intel optane cache in the m2 slot)

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Thank you for the details provided on the issue, allow me to investigate this on my end, I will be posting back as soon as is have an update.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Thank you for waiting.

I would like to confirm if you have followed these steps to installed Intel® XTU:

1.     Program Directory: Delete manually all the files from Intel ® Extreme Tuning utility

2.     Delete the program through application and features

3.     Run the installation Utility

4.     Restart the computer

I would also like to confirm if you performed a clean installation of the Operating system (OS) or if you installed a clone image of the OS?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
rjohn63
Beginner

Yes that is how I did a clean install of the application.

I did not clone the is, but I did a restore from the official HP restore media.I

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Thank you for clarifying those details, allow me to look into the behavior on my end, I will be posting back as soon as I have an update.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Thank you for waiting.

·        What kind of storage device was on the system prior to the upgrade to the NVME?

·        Have you made any changes to the system BIOS? Is it possible to test the system with default BIOS settings?

·        Do you have a RAID structure? If you do what kind of RIAD structure is?

NOTE: If you have RAID do not load the default BIOS setting to avoid damaging the system RAID structure.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
rjohn63
Beginner

·        What kind of storage device was on the system prior to the upgrade to the NVME?

1tb Mechanical hard drive with intel optane cache 16gb -- i kept this as a D: drive

·        Have you made any changes to the system BIOS? Is it possible to test the system with default BIOS settings?

Have reset bios to system defaults, the only change is to tell it to boot from the NVMe drive instead of the mechanical one

·        Do you have a RAID structure? If you do what kind of RIAD structure is?

There is no RAID structure aside from the configuration of the Intel Optane Cache for the mechanical hard drive -- that remains

Removing the nvme drive and clean-restoring the OS (Windows 1903) back to the mechanical allows me to install intel XTU (360) and it is able to launch up.

I installed windows cumulative update 1903 2019-12 and XTU continues to work.

I uninstalled XTU, deleted the folders, reinstalled it (371) to see if a fresh install would break it, but it continues to work.

I installed Windows update 1909 and XTU continues to work.

So far I have not put the NVMe drive back in. The NVMe drive is a WD Black SN750 1TB.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Thank you for the detailed testing that you have performed, let me look into the issue, I will be posting back as soon as possible.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Have you tried using a different NVME on the system?

Have you updated the current NVME's firmware on the system? The firmware has to be provided by the MVME manufacturer.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

Have you been able to test the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello rjohn63

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos