Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel XTU Win 11 - unable to apply profile at startup

stepan_h
Beginner

Hi,

I used Intel XTU to tune my 13700KF on my new system with Windows 11 Pro.  

I already have my profile I want to use but after reboot the profile does not load. I have to manualy start XTU and apply my profile. 

In the settings I can't click on Restore tuning after reboot. In System Information under Watchdog it says Watchdog present: False  ..however I can't find this setting in my BIOS.

Is this something that can only be enabled in BIOS? Or can I do something on OS level to change this

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel

Hello stepan_h

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU).

Please let's try the following:

1.-Based on the screenshot that you provided, the Bios version on your motherboard is outdated, please update to the latest version from your manufacturer's website.

2.-Install the latest chipset driver from your manufacturer's website shared in the first step and any other driver you might be missing.

3.-Once everything has been updated if the issue continues, completely uninstall Intel® XTU following these instructions. Once uninstall, please reinstall the latest version.

4.-If the issue continues to happen and Watchdog is still not enabled, I would advise you to contact your, motherboard manufacturer since this feature has to be enabled at a Bios level.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello stepan_h

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU).

Please let's try the following:

1.-Based on the screenshot that you provided, the Bios version on your motherboard is outdated, please update to the latest version from your manufacturer's website.

2.-Install the latest chipset driver from your manufacturer's website shared in the first step and any other driver you might be missing.

3.-Once everything has been updated if the issue continues, completely uninstall Intel® XTU following these instructions. Once uninstall, please reinstall the latest version.

4.-If the issue continues to happen and Watchdog is still not enabled, I would advise you to contact your, motherboard manufacturer since this feature has to be enabled at a Bios level.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
stepan_h
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I tried updating the BIOS and double checked the drivers. But from what I found on other forums looks like an issue on Asus boards with XTU.  So nothing to do but hope for update from Asus  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello stepan_h

Thank you for sharing this information. Hopefully, it will help other community members. You might also find useful the following link from Asus' Reddit related to this issue, please note that the information shared on the link is not endorsed or related to Intel.

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regard,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos