Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Intel XTU cannot maintain my settings and reverts to unlimited - very scary!

kodo_nosaki
Beginner

Although Intel XTU had retained my custom tuning Profile, my Monitoring setup, and my Ratio/Voltage Tuning Mode as Per Core; both Turbo Boost Short Power Max, and Turbo Boost Power Max defaulted to Unlimited with Turbo Boost Time Window maxed at 8 seconds!!!   This  has happened before but I just happened to check Intel XTU and corrected the Core Active Settings.   Intel XTU is only suitable for a constantly monitored hard core gaming computer.   

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, is Unreliable for a home desktop computer  I will try the same tuning using the UEFI-BIOS. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
kodo_nosaki
Beginner
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kodo_nosaki,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Have you tried to reinstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)?

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

3. Can you share any pictures or videos of the issue?

4. Can you share more details about the exact issue?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kodo_nosaki,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kodo_nosaki, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos