Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel XTU not showing "Speed Optimizer" menu

MateuszMorele
Novice

Hello,

instead of "Speed Optimizer" menu in newest XTU version (7.5.3.3) there is "Basic Tuning".
My client would like to use option "Optimize now" for one click OC but there simply isn't one.
He's using i7 12700KF with 360 AIO, so there is still some headroom for OC but he cannot do overclocking on his own.

We have done OC on this processor, but client updated his BIOS, so he reverted all the changes. We just wanted him to make "one click OC" without making an RMA.

I attach photos of how it should look and how it actually looks.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was the options present before? If so, when did they stopped showing up?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MateuszMorele
Novice

Hello,

logs from our customer are in the attachment. 

Option was unavailable from the beginning.

Best regards,
Mateusz

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

In this case, I would like you to inform that a new version of XTU has been released, it is version 7.6.0.37. Please test it and let me know if the options you want are shown.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html?wapkw=intel%20extreme%20tuning

Also, it is important for you to know that the Speed Optimizer requires the following:

• Overclocking options must be enabled in BIOS

• The OC lockbit option must be disabled in BIOS

In case you don't know where to locate these options, please contact the motherboard manufacturer for assistance with their BIOS. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
MateuszMorele
Novice

Problem isn't solved yet. We downloaded the newest version of XTU, but there seems to be some kind of problem with BIOS of this motherboard (Asus Prime Z690M-Plus D4). In the manual there is no single thing about overclocking, so our customer has to find it by himself.

Regards,

Mateusz S.

0 Kudos
MateuszMorele
Novice

Hello,

after updating XTU our customer have seen this notification. I wonder if this is any relevant.

Regards,

Mateusz S.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, we would like to confirm if the settings for OC were found in the BIOS, if so, we would like to know if the speed optimizer option is showing up. 

Also, please let me know if you have any other overclocking tools installed in the system.

Regarding the error message, what happens if you press on to continue? 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post. 

Remember to confirm if the settings for overclocking were found on the BIOS. 

Also, remember to tell us if other OC tools are installed in the system as well as what happens if you press continue on the error message.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
MateuszMorele
Novice

Hello,

by performing a clean install of XTU the problem went away. Our customer can use OC through XTU without any problem. 
Also the notification went away too.

Regards,
Mateusz S.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MateuszMorele,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos