Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel XTU "Application Exited Unexpectedly"

OrbDamu
Beginner

Processor: i5 12600k

Motherboard: MSI Z690 Pro DDR4

Upon a normal shutdown or restart, when starting XTU back up I am told that XTU exited unexpectedly. This resets my (stable) overclocks and I am forced to reapply them on almost every startup. It seems like XTU is interpreting a normal shutdown as having crashed so I was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem before and if there is a known solution? Please let me know if you require additional information. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello OrbDamu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, please provide the following information: 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

As well, please download and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?) to verify the functionality of the processor.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Steven G.

0 Kudos