Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel XTU reinstall after uninstall

AndiB
Beginner

Hi,

I have some issues in reinstalling the XTU. The log file shows me that there is a detected version of the program. Although i uninstalled it properly before and followed your recommended steps. What can i do here? Or where can i find some leftovers of the previous installation?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AndiB, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Download site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Besides the log file, do you get a specific error message from the Operating System while trying to install the Intel® XTU? If yes, please provide a screenshot. 

3. Did the Intel® XTU work before? If yes, did you make any changes before the behavior started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
AndiB
Beginner

Hi,

The Program worked fine. After an deinstallation i wnated to install it again, and since then i get the errors.

In the log file of the installation attempt (Log2) i see that there is a detected installation. Are there some leftofers somewhere?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your i5-8265Uis not supported by XTU.  You should uninstall XTU and reset your bios to defaults.

Doc

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AndiB, 

Thank you for the information provided, please check our recommendations below:   

1. As the peer AlHill mentioned, your processor is not compatible with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), you can check that in the download website, under the valid products list.  

2. However, you can try this to make sure there are not missing files: 

Uninstall Intel® XTU using Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). 
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

Remove any remaining files from the system: 

• Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe 
  • Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe 
  • Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.) 
  • C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe 
  • Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel", "C:\ProgramData\Intel". 
  • Delete the folder named "Intel® Intel Telemetry" under “C:\ProgramData:”. 
  • You may want to reboot your system (optional) 

3. After that, we highly recommend you checking with your system manufacturer for any monitoring/tuning program compatible with your system. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AndiB,  

I hope the previous information was useful to you. 

As a reminder, please keep in mind that your processor is not compatible with the Intel® XTU, and hopefully your system manufacturer can provide you with a monitoring/tuning program compatible with that system. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos