Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11688 Discussions

Intel XTU reinstall after uninstall

AndiB
Beginner

Hi,

I have some issues in reinstalling the XTU. The log file shows me that there is a detected version of the program. Although i uninstalled it properly before and followed your recommended steps. What can i do here? Or where can i find some leftovers of the previous installation?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AndiB, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Download site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Besides the log file, do you get a specific error message from the Operating System while trying to install the Intel® XTU? If yes, please provide a screenshot. 

3. Did the Intel® XTU work before? If yes, did you make any changes before the behavior started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

AndiB
Beginner

Hi,

The Program worked fine. After an deinstallation i wnated to install it again, and since then i get the errors.

In the log file of the installation attempt (Log2) i see that there is a detected installation. Are there some leftofers somewhere?

AlHill
Super User

Your i5-8265Uis not supported by XTU.  You should uninstall XTU and reset your bios to defaults.

Doc

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AndiB, 

Thank you for the information provided, please check our recommendations below:   

1. As the peer AlHill mentioned, your processor is not compatible with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), you can check that in the download website, under the valid products list.  

2. However, you can try this to make sure there are not missing files: 

Uninstall Intel® XTU using Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). 
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

Remove any remaining files from the system: 

• Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe 
  • Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe 
  • Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.) 
  • C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe 
  • Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel", "C:\ProgramData\Intel". 
  • Delete the folder named "Intel® Intel Telemetry" under “C:\ProgramData:”. 
  • You may want to reboot your system (optional) 

3. After that, we highly recommend you checking with your system manufacturer for any monitoring/tuning program compatible with your system. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AndiB,  

I hope the previous information was useful to you. 

As a reminder, please keep in mind that your processor is not compatible with the Intel® XTU, and hopefully your system manufacturer can provide you with a monitoring/tuning program compatible with that system. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M.