bobdreadla
Beginner
Mobo: AsRock Z490M-itx/ac
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16gbx2 3200
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x63
PSU: Silverstone 700W
GPU: Reference 2070 Super
CPU: i9 10850k

XTU simply says, "This platform does not support overclocking" and recommends me to look into a "K" or "H" series processor. All the information is accurate on the system info in xtu (except the GPU vram). What is going on?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information to continue with your support.

- Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.  

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

- Can you please provide a screenshot of the error message you are currently getting?

- Are you currently getting this issue with the latest version of the tool Version: 7.3.0.33?

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
bobdreadla
Beginner

Hello, Victor-

Yes, I am running the current update (7.3.0.33) of XTU. The required files have been attached.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

We appreciate the report provided; nonetheless, would you mind providing the following information so we can understand the issue a little bit better:

1-Was this i9-10850K your first K/X processor?

• If yes can you, please confirm if this issue happened after updating the XTU software, or was version 7.3.0.33 the first one that you ever installed?
  • If no can you share with us the model that you use to have? Was it a K/X model? Did you use the XTU software with it? If you did, was it a previous version or the current one?

2-Have you check with your motherboard manufacturer to see if there is some sort of limitation in regard to the use of overclocking through a third-party tool instead of using BIOS settings?

3-Before attempting to use the XTU software did you try to complete overclocking with any other third-party software? If yes, please provide the name and version used.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
bobdreadla
Beginner

Victor-

1. Yes, it’s my first. 7.3.0.33 has been the only version ever installed or used.

2. There’s no information from AsRock that would explain a limit on 3rd party overclocks.

3. No, I did not.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

What we believe could help you fix the issue that you are currently having is to completely uninstall the program from the system and then reinstall the latest version, please bear in mind that this is not a normal uninstalling process; therefore if you haven’t tried to uninstall like this before it is worth the shot.

In the article down below, you will find all the steps you need to completely erase any trace of the software from the system.

How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Important note: Just in case that this procedure doesn’t fix the issue you are experiencing the following log will be needed in order for us to investigate further, the log file can be obtained from C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\Logs.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
bobdreadla
Beginner

Victor, 

It did not work. I apologize for the delay. I attached the files present at the given file path.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

We appreciate the information provided and the logs, we will use them to investigate this issue further on our end, please wait for our response we will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

Before moving forward with our investigation, can you please try the following recommendations and provide some extra information we need to proceed.

1. Do you currently have any other software or tool for overclocking installed?
  2. Have you tried performing a system restore or clean installation of the OS?

• Please try to disable the XMP profile you have in BIOS and update the Operating system to the latest build 19042.
  • After disabling the XMP and updating the OS set your BIOS to default settings and then try to reinstall the XTU software.
  • Check directly with your motherboard manufacturer to see what would be the recommended configuration before attempting overclocking.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello bobdreadla

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
bobdreadla
Beginner

David-

I have not been able to try the previous post, I have not had time. I will attempt this in the near future, but as of right now it isn't really on the priority list. I thank you for your assistance - if this does not work I will simply move on. No need to continue diagnosis.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello bobdreadla,

As per your request, we won’t continue with any further diagnostic; therefore, will proceed to close this thread.

If you need any additional information in the future, you are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos