Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel XTU will not open on Windows 11

iamstuff
Beginner
XTU doesn't launch on Windows 11

Every time I attempt to launch XTU v 7.5.5.3 I get the message seen in the screenshot:

"Unable to start Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application."

I don't have any performance tools for CPU installed. Only EVGA Precision X1 for GPU. This was working perfectly on Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 11 and this error happens.

I previously had a thread identical to this, however I went out of town and was unable to reply and it was closed. 

I downloaded the system support utility and have that file. Should I upload it here?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
iamstuff
Beginner

I attached it.

Also disabling hyper-v in the BIOS allows me to open it. I believe that is the issue, somehow.

0 Kudos
BraydenAyden
Beginner

@AlHill wrote:

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

Dear, thank you very much for your input! I will give it try and will return for feedback next week.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello iamstuff,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, Hyper-V should not affect the functioning of the Intel® XTU tool. The EVGA tool for the GPU could be the root cause of the issue, please try to uninstall the tool and run Intel® XTU. Let me know if after performing this step Intel® XTU is working normally. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LeeRYC
Beginner

i have this Problem?

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello iamstuff,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
LeeRYC
Beginner

да проверил но проблема думаю в другомю

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello iamstuff,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Josue O. 

0 Kudos