Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14517 Discussions

Intel Xeon E5-1620 v3 better performance when using one core

JWill51
Beginner

Hello all,

we develop software using VB6 and .Net. One of our customer has an Intel Xeon E5-1620 processor where our software is running slower than usually.

We noticed that our software runs faster, when we set the "affinity" in the task manager for our process to one core. This behavior only affects the E5-16xx series. On another system with an E5-2667 processor, our software runs slower when using just one core. Has anyone an idea what can cause this behavior and how we can solve it?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi LIS-Technik,

Thank you for using our support.

In regard to your system behavior and performance issue. Could you please send us more details of both systems? I will need to collect the full model of the E5-2667. Additionally, send me any picture or benchmark with the differences. Intel has 4 versions of E5-2667 and each model has different specifications (cache memory, speed, and others).

Have you tested the behavior on both systems while running the same amount of applications?

I will be waiting for your update.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi LIS-Technik,

This is just to follow up to see if you require additional help with this or if all of your doubts were cleared out.

Eduardo_B
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi LIS-Technik,

This is just to follow up to see if you require additional help with this or if all of your doubts were cleared out.

Eduardo_B
0 Kudos