Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Intel Xeon E5-2683V retail but when using CPU-z and MSI Command center - there is info ES!

idata
Employee

I have bought Intel Xeon E5-2683 V3 retail but when using CPU-z and MSI Command center - there is info ES! is that possible ? Or is this fake one ? On top of CPU all is as should be.

Intel utility doesnt help too.

EDIT: Solved:

i've got confirmation from Intel that this Xeon is remarked processor - someone has changed some of the markings to make it appear that it is an SR1XH when it is not.

I've bought it on german ebay from user 7184sven he has - ca 20 pcs...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MgmModel:

In order for us to be able to help you in finding out if this is an ES processor or not, we just need a few details from it:

Do you have the box?

If you do, please provide the batch and serial number from it.

Also, please check that the number on the 5th line on the back of the processor matches the one on the box that says batch, it should be the same exact number.

Also you can use the following tool, it does a test on the processor but it also shows if it is a boxed unit or ES sample:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Second option to install it.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
RLars5
Beginner

I also just got one..... I posted about it in this thread just now.

It seems these are popping up as very well done re-marked processors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MgmModel:

Thank you very much for that information.

Ok, the same thing applies to that other processor, we need the batch and serial number of it so we can confirm if it is a retail boxed unit or not.

Now, if it says Intel® confidential, in that case, yes, it is an ES sample, and those are not supposed to be sold separately to end users, because those are just for testing purposes, some problems might be expected if you use them, and besides that they don't have any warranty.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
Matthew888
Beginner

Hello, I have the FPO and serial # on a suspect processor.  I ran it through the warrantee section of the Intel site to make sure its valid and only get the response back that it is a tray processor.  I need to know if these CPUs are remarked and were delidded as I suspect that they are.  The utility tool reads that it is a production CPU but I would like to know if you can tell by the serial # if its belongs to the FPO.

Serial # 3E426148A1712

FPO  # X848B673

is there a way to confirm that the serial # really belongs to the FPO listed above?

This was not purchased from a authorized reseller / Franchise disti.  

All are over heating and feel they were delidded and remarked with a newer Date Code.  How can I prove this if my hunch is correct?

0 Kudos