Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel driver support assistant

RKHOWE77
Beginner

Is anyone having difficultly  running the driver support assistant with the latest Windows 10 update version 2004 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It all depends on what you mean by "difficulty".

0 Kudos
RKHOWE77
Beginner

It states that something went wrong  try again later when i try to scam my system

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RKHOWE77, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Can you provide a screenshot of the error message that you get when you try to run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)? 

3. Did this behavior start happening after a Windows* update to the version 2004? 

4. What browsers have you tried using so far? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
RKHOWE77
Beginner

You aren't  going to believe what comes up after I open the Intel SSU file to install. The Windows Store pic comes up. Screen shot attached

This issue started right after version 2004 was installed.

I have tried to use Edge and Bing 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RKHOWE77, 

Thank you for the information, we would like to know more details about your system configuration, please provide the following: 

1. You can try temporarily removing your antivirus software and try to run the Intel® SSU again, otherwise, refer to this link for other recommendations with that. Remember to follow these steps to attach the report:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. In case you are still unable to run the Intel® SSU, please provide the following: 

• Motherboard's brand and model number. 
  • Processor's brand and model number. 
  • Wireless card's brand and model number. 
  • Intel® DSA version. 

3. Please provide a screenshot of the error message that you get when you try to run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).  

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
RKHOWE77
Beginner

The SSU file is attached

I reinstalled the Driver and Support Assistant and it processed completely without a problem.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RKHOWE77, 

Thank you for the information. 

I am glad to hear that the Intel® DSA is working after reinstalling it, thank you as well for sharing the fix here. 

I was reviewing the report for your system information and I noticed that you have some legacy components, and your system does not have any Intel® wireless, graphics component on it (the most common products offered by Intel® DSA updates). In those cases, Intel® DSA might have issues to detect your hardware and updates for it, check more information here.  

In that case, we will highly recommend you check with your system manufacturer for the latest downloads for your computer.   

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos