Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Intel gold calling memory

lxuan3
Beginner

I am server technical support. I found that many customers gave me feedback about the Intel Xeon gold medal series. The processor in this series has a problem with memory calls. For example, the test tool aida64, which tests the memory on this platform, will die in the beginning and recover in about 5 minutes. Other FPGA cards developed by customers also have the problem of slow memory writing speed. The same program has no problem on the platform of e5-2600. Do Intel Xeon gold medal series have settings or drivers that need attention?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello lxuan3,

We really appreciate your comments on this matter.

Can you please share with us the models of the Intel Xeon processors that your customer's noticed this problem?

How many users are impacted by this issue?

Also, can you please share with us the system configuration of the platforms? Server board model, processor information, amount of memory, power supply model, etc.

We will be looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello lxuan3,

We hope this message finds you well.

We are following your concern and we would like to know if you were able to gather the information that we requested on our previous post:

Can you please provide us the name of your customer?

How many users are impacted by this issue?

Also, can you please share with us the system configuration of the platforms? i.e. Server board model, processor information, amount of memory, power supply model, etc.

Additionally, we would like to let you know that If there are known issues with a Xeon processor, these will be documented in the processor's specification update. These are listed on the Technical Resources Page for Xeon Processors at:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/xeon/xeon-technical-resources.html. Intel works closely with computer manufacturers (OEMs) and any workaround identified would be incorporated into OEM's system BIOS update. The recommendation to our customers would be to make sure they are using the latest system BIOS update from their OEM.

We will be looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello lxuan3,

I am following your case and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Additionally, we want to know if you were able to gather the information that we requested on the previous posts.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos