Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

Intel hybrid architect and power modes in windows 11

sud747
Beginner

I am planning to upgrade my old system and looking forward to get a i5 13400 once available in my country, it has total of 10 cpu cores (6p+4e) and comes with intel's thread director which works flawlessly with windows 11. Some online users are saying that this thread director feature only works if pc is in balanced power mode and even when its on balanced mode it still doesn't utilize all the 6p cores properly as if focus is shifted to some other light process or activity then the thread director moves the main heavy process onto 4e cores instead of running it in background on 6p cores. Can this issue be resolved by switching over to high or ultra high performance power mode ? does switching over to any of this power options (over balanced one) force all available cpu cores to work together no matter what ? even in my current i3 system windows 10 seems to divide all tasks properly to get maximum performance out of all 4 cpu cores all the time, can I expect the same when upgraded to i5 13400 with simple tweak in power options mode ?      

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sud747, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

sud747, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order to confirm those details and answer your inquiries with the most accurate information, we will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all of them on this thread.

In the meantime, here you have the specifications of the Intel® Core™ i5-13400 processor:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/230495/intel-core-i513400-processor-20m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sud747, I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on this matter and we will provide a response as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sud747, I Just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, for this scenario, it is important to mention, that with E-core and P-core the performance is a lot better on 13th Gen processors. When it comes to heavy load operation P cores will be utilized and you don't have to do any changes in power settings. It automatically switches to P-core for heavy-duty tasks.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sud747, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos